Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 7 May 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
GCSE parents?

How are you & your guys doing?

DS's start next week, he's got 15 in total to sit going on until mid June, he's in a good position as he's already got one GCSE in Business & Technical Event Management.

I'm so proud of how he's doing, especially as we moved his school at the beginning of year 10, his last school had written him off and he'd started to believe them, they couldn't see the potential behind the energy & hormones, his current school has made such a massive impact

Hope you're all bearing up ok also parents.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Edie ray
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
Join Date: Aug 13
My daughter had her 10 hour art exam last week spread over two days so that is that subject finished!

The other 20 exams start next week and she finishes on 14th June

She is not very academic but has spent a lot of hours revising so whatever results she gets I wont be able to say she hasnt tried

Quite a stressed household here at the moment
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast 2016
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
smithlane
VIP Dibber

 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Mobile

My daughter starts hers next Tuesday 14th and is surprisingly calm. Im not sure if I should be happy or worried that shes so relaxed 😆. Shes worked her butt off and weekend revision sessions start on Saturday so Im giving her a break from going on at her!
Glad to hear about your son doing so well moving school in year 10. My son will be moving in September into a studio school that starts from year 10 and specialises in business. Im a bit nervous but hes so keen to move Im fully supportive
__________________
The BIG Florida Surprise - Aug 2015 Trip Report
The BIG Florida Return - Aug/Sept 2017 Trip Report
The BIG New York Surprise & Florida Comeback - Aug/Sept 2018 Trip Report
Christmas Markets and More! Berlin - Nov/Dec 2018 Trip Report
The BIG Las Vegas Surprise - Feb 2019 Trip Report
The BIG Little Lies California Road Trip - Jul/Aug 2019 Pre trip Report
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The BIG California Road Trip
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
PoohBears#1fan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
My daughter had her 10 hour art exam last week spread over two days so that is that subject finished!

The other 20 exams start next week and she finishes on 14th June

She is not very academic but has spent a lot of hours revising so whatever results she gets I wont be able to say she hasnt tried

Quite a stressed household here at the moment
That's what I keep saying to DS, you've worked hard, all you can do is your best
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
PoohBears#1fan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
My daughter starts hers next Tuesday 14th and is surprisingly calm. Im not sure if I should be happy or worried that shes so relaxed 😆. Shes worked her butt off and weekend revision sessions start on Saturday so Im giving her a break from going on at her!
Glad to hear about your son doing so well moving school in year 10. My son will be moving in September into a studio school that starts from year 10 and specialises in business. Im a bit nervous but hes so keen to move Im fully supportive
Good for her for remaining calm under the pressure they put on them, maybe her school is managing it better also

Moving my DS was the making of him, whilst very intelligent, ultimately he's a very physical child & doesn't want to keep still, he's also the class clown so that was all they saw, it was heartbreaking. He's at a UTC and chose Business as his specialised subject, they have a far more sensible approach with the kids and treat them like adults, so get the respect back from them, good luck to both of your kids
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

 
Jaspercat10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17
My son has his French reading and writing tomorrow and then a bit of a gap, it is his worst subject so I think he will be happy to get it out of the way..
I try not to put any pressure on him as he is a worrier so i know he will do the best he is capable of and he is a good lad fingers crossed for them all
Just eating a lot of chocolate to keep me calm, :-)
__________________
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas at Disney .
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
PoohBears#1fan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
My son has his French reading and writing tomorrow and then a bit of a gap, it is his worst subject so I think he will be happy to get it out of the way..
I try not to put any pressure on him as he is a worrier so i know he will do the best he is capable of and he is a good lad fingers crossed for them all
Just eating a lot of chocolate to keep me calm, :-)
Chocolate is a great strategy! Good luck to your son tomorrow (&you!)
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Kat11
VIP Dibber

 
Kat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12
Mobile

My Dd had two exams today (geography and English) she had her French speaking a few weeks ago. So its 3 down and 17 to go!

Kat
__________________
DLP: Hotel New York-2008 & Hotel Cheyenne-2013
WDW: Villa - April 2011 & Villa - April 2014
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 1 Bed Villa October 2016
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fab4FamilyFloriday! HRH/POFQ
Reply With Quote
Reply
US Rent A Car

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Tix

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2302
CaxtonFX  $1.2224
Covent Garden FX  $1.2379
FAIRFX  $1.2220
John Lewis  $1.2416
M&S  $1.2054
Post Office  $1.2243
Sainsburys  $1.2287
TESCO  $1.2306
Travelex  $1.2212
Updated: 02:30 22/07/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0948
CaxtonFX  €1.0901
Covent Garden FX  €1.1003
FAIRFX  €1.0890
John Lewis  €1.1062
M&S  €1.0708
Post Office  €1.0902
Sainsburys  €1.0936
TESCO  €1.0954
Travelex  €1.0842
Updated: 02:30 22/07/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Sun 21st Jul 9:47pm
Now: 23C/73F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Drizzle
Drizzle
Cloud Cover: 20%
Rainfall: 0.51mm
Wind: 6mph - N Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1019mb
Humidity: 83%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 01:30 22/07/2019