Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Wanting a very last minute bit of Orlando, your thoughts please!

Hi,
Am thinking of sneaking of for a cheeky week to Orlando, it will be very budget only park well do is one day seaworld just going for some sun around the pool time just me & dh & of course some retail therapy & some us time, thinking of going in about 10 days has we can both get hotel, flights luggage for £780 all in! So need to get our own transport from MCO to I.Drive, anyone done this lately & how much would the cost be, we havent fully decided to do this yet, has im 50/50 we can use vouchers, early bird meals etc, our hotel would include breakfast, so its just evening meals & some shopping spends & to & from airport, of course need to find some insurance & ESTAs So dont know what to do! Our main holiday isnt til oct 2020, but wethough just maybe we can get a sneaky one in while we can? Have any of you jumped in like im wanting .
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve only booked last week for July and for me that’s last minute.

We are staying on International Drive and the Uber app is giving me about $30.
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'd be doing my ESTAs right this minute!
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

I have been looking for a few weeks has have found a bargain which will come to £781 for the two of us! But flies out 12th june! 😳. So havent even got time to think, we are thinking shall we have a bit of us relaxing time or keep what we are saving for next years holiday but its so far off! What to do! What to do! 🥴 & its such a bargain for flights/ hotel/ luggage/ breakfast for two of us for a week, wouldnt get anything for that amount with sun ( & walmart thrown in! &#128526 just seems such a bargain, my heart is torn in two! 🤓 I just cant think straight! Need your help guys what would you do ? Xx

Edited at 03:27 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We went in the Feb half-term (Saturday - Saturday, as we don't take the kids out of school for holidays).

We booked the flights around a week before we went, and then booked a house with pool (via here actually) sometime between booking the flights and the flights themselves. I wasn't too fussed about this bit - plenty of houses on AirBnB and the like, not to mention a zillion hotel rooms too.

Checking back in my emails, flights were c£320 each - they were indirect with American via Charlotte but good times with short connections. I didn't think this was too bad to be flying entirely within the school holidays.

We largely chilled but we did Legoland as we'd not been before and the tickets were cheap, as well as the wheel, Sea Life and Madame Tussauds at ICON Park. We did a round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (somewhat ironic that we've had free rounds loads of times and never used them, and then paid for this one!) and spent a couple of evenings at Disney Springs.

It was a great week!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

At £780 for both of you I would go for it!
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
I have been looking for a few weeks has have found a bargain which will come to £781 for the two of us! But flies out 12th june! 😳. So havent even got time to think, we are thinking shall we have a bit of us relaxing time or keep what we are saving for next years holiday but its so far off! What to do! What to do! 🥴 & its such a bargain for flights/ hotel/ luggage/ breakfast for two of us for a week, wouldnt get anything for that amount with sun ( & walmart thrown in! &#128526 just seems such a bargain, my heart is torn in two! 🤓 I just cant think straight! Need your help guys what would you do ? Xx

It's an excellent price, go for it, BUT AFTER you've sorted out your ESTAs, if you haven't already.

Which hotel is it? See if there are any free shuttles available.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

I did this a few years back now before children. I booked with 4 day notice and managed to get a villa as well which was brilliant for just chilling out.

Do it get the ESTA done and flight booked. You might even find it cheaper to hire a car for the week if its just the two of you. You could get away with a fiesta or similar.

It was one of the best holidays to Orlando we ever had no plans just take each day as it comes.

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Im getting more tempted the more I read x 🤗
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneynut23
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I would do it, you only live once!
Disneynut23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List