Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 03, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nuttyboy
Excited about Disney

After the initial shock, she was very happy.
nuttyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 03, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
monkeehanger
slightly serious Dibber

monkeehanger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We've always enjoyed making one of our Epcot nights and drink around the world night, ending with margaritas in Mexico. Such a good laugh, especially all the drunken americans in the Rose and Crown.

City Walk is a great place for a night out as a couple, altough it can be pricy, it is worth it. Another favourite would be House of Blues.

When we stayed on the 192 a couple of years ago, the Unos did the networked quiz thing and we became addicts!
monkeehanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 03, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

I got asked for ID in the Rose and Crown as they said they card anyone over thirty. I was rather flattered as I was 41 at the time! I said I was so happy I would just have an orange juice. My son and grown up nieces and all their friends just fell about laughing.

Hubby and sister in law had the hump cos she didn't ask them!

PS JJ - I forgot about that nice bar in Old Key West
Old 3 Oct 03, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

the Cricketers Arms in The Mercado is a great bar for a drink, it's full of ex pat's and shows any uk sporting event, it also has nightly entertainment.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 03, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We love the Cricketers Arms. Great food too!
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 03, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

The House of Blues in Downtown Disney we found was a good place to eat (full meal or snacks) or just to drink - lots of atmosphere, very friendly staff and quite often live music.

Click here for a link to their website.
Old 4 Oct 03, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Originally posted by thatcats
The House of Blues in Downtown Disney we found was a good place to eat (full meal or snacks) or just to drink - lots of atmosphere, very friendly staff and quite often live music.

Click here for a link to their website.
I think I love you Just looked and Little Feat, one of my favourite bands of all time are on there on Saturday 18th. Only thing is that it's the day after we arrive - will I be able to stay awake?

PS it says entry is $18-$45 - have you got any idea how much the meal would be on top of this? I looked at the menu but there are no prices.

Edited at 11:21 AM.
coombsyl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 03, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Coombsyl - there is a separate venue/theatre attached to House of Blues so that is where the concert would be - that is why there is a entry charge.

The main HOB restaurant bar has free entry and I'm sure the food was pretty reasonably priced (sorry can't remember exactly how much) - can recommend the Key lime pie as a dessert - much to much for me to manage after a huge main course. There is also a good gift shop attached so you can say you've been there and bought the T shirt!

I'm sure that you will be able to stay awake for Little Feat - but you will kick yourself if you don't make it (no pun intended - lol) !
Old 5 Oct 03, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

There are some great bars at Pointe Orlando, International Drive.
TGI's always has a good atmosphere. For a night out i strongly recommend Pleasure Island on a Saturday night something for everyone.
Old 15 Oct 03, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Bahama Brezze on I drive has a nice bar, with excellent live music. The food there is excellent - thier key lime pie is out of this world!
Closed Thread