Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Sep 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We booked at the weekend for July 21 and were still getting Group S as the cheapest car if we flew into MCO. As it is I didn't actually want anything that big in case I need to drive. Flights and Avis car hire into Tampa were slightly cheaper so we booked that with a Group W standard SUV which was cheaper than an intermediate.
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Does anyone know if you need to buy extra insurance if you do a BA fly drive as the prices are great!

It includes TPL and CDW - is there anything else you need? we normally go alamo brits as I know that has everything you need.
Kcstyle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kcstyle View Post
Does anyone know if you need to buy extra insurance if you do a BA fly drive as the prices are great!

It includes TPL and CDW - is there anything else you need? we normally go alamo brits as I know that has everything you need.
BA now offer Budget as well as Avis but we’ve only ever used Avis when booking with BA and all necessary insurance is included.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kcstyle View Post

It has everything you really need as a minimum as with Alamo Brits.

Budget is owned by Avis, they just tend to use different ranges of vehicles with budget supplying the lower brands in each class than Avis.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for confirming the insurance is good! I can't believe how good the prices are for September 2021! less than £2400 for 2 adults 2 kids and a car - and from Aberdeen! Normally everything is expensive for us!
Kcstyle is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Can someone explain what they mean by having to "wait in line" for the Budget rentals?
We've hired before at MCO but I can't remember the exact procedure but think we went to the rental desk, signed a few bits and then went across the road to the multi-storey and chose a car from the correct area. All pretty straight forward.

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chickeninabun View Post
Can someone explain what they mean by having to "wait in line" for the Budget rentals?
We've hired before at MCO but I can't remember the exact procedure but think we went to the rental desk, signed a few bits and then went across the road to the multi-storey and chose a car from the correct area. All pretty straight forward.
Thats what they mean. With some like Avis (others as well) for example you can do all of that "paperwork" digitally and got straight to the garage to collect your car on arrival.

Have seen mention of the Budget Fast Break option which may be similar. Not looked at it personally though.

Edited at 12:03 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
It has everything you really need as a minimum as with Alamo Brits.

Budget is owned by Avis, they just tend to use different ranges of vehicles with budget supplying the lower brands in each class than Avis.
Sometimes true sometimes not. I've had a car from budget that literally had the avis label on it. they had shortages in certain classes in one company so were moving cars from avis to budget and vice versa to make it work!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Unfortunately Budget Fastbreak isn't available to UK residents... There isn't the option for UK when registering. Not sure if its possible to register under a different country but even so, you'd still need to visit the rental desk on your first visit to register a card with them.

Budget are known to have some queues at their rental desk during busier periods... I know I spent over an hour and a half in one at MCO a few years back.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

The BA website is my first stop when I’m looking for a fly drive and in over 8 years they’ve always been the cheapest for me.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List