Notices

Old 12 Jan 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LW2412 View Post
Haha yep really similar! We have similar plans too I was just wondering how you're planning to get to Clearwater for the day, will you still have a car then? We don't have a car booked at all as we're staying on site at both Disney and Universal, but would love to squeeze in a day at Clearwater if we could!
Yes we'll have the car then. However I'm sure I read somewhere about a coach company that organised day trips there from Orlando. I think it was green line? That might be am option for you.
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went last October and my DD is vegan plus there were 2 veggies in the party.

We managed fine, basically my DD researched where she could eat and we ate there. There were options and she enjoyed trying different things.

Our treat meal was Boma. I put vegan on the booking and one of the chefs came out and took her round the buffet explaining what she could have. He also did her some vegan pasta sauce and brought it to the table.

Sweet Tomatoes was good as the vegan options are labelled and another place we enjoyed was Whole Foods supermarket. They have a huge buffet selection, loads of different types of food which you help yourself to and they charge at the checkout by weight. Then there’s a small cafe area which has tables, cutlery etc so you can eat there. We all really enjoyed it, wish there was one near home 😁

One thing to be aware of is if you fly with an American airline, they may not be so good with the food. We flew United, I booked a vegan meal which was fine but the breakfast on the way back included a vogurt and a butter croissant! Fortunately we had some snacks to keep her going.

Enjoy the planning, it sounds amazing 😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
We went last October and my DD is vegan plus there were 2 veggies in the party.

We managed fine, basically my DD researched where she could eat and we ate there. There were options and she enjoyed trying different things.

Our treat meal was Boma. I put vegan on the booking and one of the chefs came out and took her round the buffet explaining what she could have. He also did her some vegan pasta sauce and brought it to the table.

Sweet Tomatoes was good as the vegan options are labelled and another place we enjoyed was Whole Foods supermarket. They have a huge buffet selection, loads of different types of food which you help yourself to and they charge at the checkout by weight. Then there’s a small cafe area which has tables, cutlery etc so you can eat there. We all really enjoyed it, wish there was one near home 😁

One thing to be aware of is if you fly with an American airline, they may not be so good with the food. We flew United, I booked a vegan meal which was fine but the breakfast on the way back included a vogurt and a butter croissant! Fortunately we had some snacks to keep her going.

Enjoy the planning, it sounds amazing 😁
Thanks for the tips. I found a WDW vegan website that has every single restaurant, which service and snack that has vegan options across all the parks and resorts - it's been incredibly helpful. CBR seems to be the best resort for vegans too 🙂
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Today is ADR day so we have booked our meals for when we're on site and planned our itinerary for that week. We've still got weeks 2 and 3 to plan and book some meals for those weeks as there's still more places I want to eat at.

We've booked the following based on Touring Plans Busy Day Guide and EMH.

Fri - Arrive at CBR. Have a QS at resort for dinner and unpack etc.

Sat - EMH at Animal Kingdom. Tusker House at 11am. Head back to resort for the afternoon and chill out there. QS at resort. We might try the Spyglass Grill.

Sun - Garden Grill at Epcot 8am. Park opens at 9am and is supposed to be really quiet. Then leave after lunch. Not sure what we'll do for lunch yet. A QS or snack, see how we feel. Then go to AOA for the afternoon and have dinner there. It's EMH in the evening at HS but I feel the boys will be too tired for this.

Mon - Morning at AK for EMH. Lunch at Sutuli Canteen with QS.
Head back to resort for a break. Then Hollywood Studios for the evening. Sci-Fi Diner 4.55pm.

Tues - Water Park in the morning.
Have a QS there for lunch or just snacks. Head to MK for the evening.
Be Our Guest at 4.55pm. Plan to stay for the fireworks if we can.

Wed - Later start with breakfast booked at Topollinos at Riveria Resort at 8am. Afternoon at Epcot, snacking around the world. We might stay for fireworks if we're up to it.

Thurs - This is the quietest day for HS so we thought we'd tackle GE.
We've got Oga's Cantina at 10.30am for a drink/snack. Hoping to have a QS lunch at Docking Bay 7. Planning to stay until late afternoon then go to Disney Springs for dinner.

Fri - EMH at MK today Crystal Palace booked at 11.45pm at Magic Kingdom. Stay for the parade and then head back to resort to pack and chill out.

Sat - Breakfast at1900 Park Fare at 8am at Grand Floridian Resort and then MK for the morning. Pick up car before heading to villa. We might grab a blaze pizza for dinner to take back with us and some snacks.

Sun - chill out at villa and go shopping.

That's the plan so far. We still would like to book Sanaa but I feel it'll be easier to get there when we have a car. The boys also want to eat at the TRex Cafe which we can maybe do for Hayden's birthday on 22nd for lunch before the others fly home. Hayden also wants to go to the Rainforest Cafe but we've been to the one at DLP twice so didn't see the point!

We also would like to book the Droid Depot but it wouldn't work so I don't know if we were doing it too soon?

Outside of Disney, we've got other ideas for meals but we don't need to book those.

It seems more real now we've booked our ADRs 😯
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like you've got some great plans for your Disney week and have chosen some lovely ADRs. We are there a similar time to you and can make our ADRs on Tuesday.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

You must be getting more excited ow your ADR's are booked. I have my ADR day soon but not as much planning to do as we are on the QSDP...I know it will seem more real when they are booked though
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Trading Disney Pins

Hi, 189 days and counting, but where do I find details on whi h Park has EMH, I am reading for booking but want to make sure I am not missing some EMH slots?

Cheers

Steve
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went on October and my DD is vegan so that was a new adventure.

Sweet Tomatoes was brilliant, the vegan options are labelled so she knew what she could have. No vegan pasta sauce option which was a shame but there was a soup, bread and loads of salads.

Another place we enjoyed was Wholefoods Market, once we had sussed out what to do. Loads of different food stations and you fill up a box with your choices. Then go to the checkout and they charge by weight. Once you’ve paid there’s an area with tables, cutlery etc where you can sit and eat.
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Steveswift View Post
Hi, 189 days and counting, but where do I find details on whi h Park has EMH, I am reading for booking but want to make sure I am not missing some EMH slots?

Cheers

Steve
The dibb has a section with park hours.
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Merligan View Post
We went on October and my DD is vegan so that was a new adventure.

Sweet Tomatoes was brilliant, the vegan options are labelled so she knew what she could have. No vegan pasta sauce option which was a shame but there was a soup, bread and loads of salads.

Another place we enjoyed was Wholefoods Market, once we had sussed out what to do. Loads of different food stations and you fill up a box with your choices. Then go to the checkout and they charge by weight. Once you’ve paid there’s an area with tables, cutlery etc where you can sit and eat.
Thanks for the tips 🙂