Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Oct 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

8th August expensive

I’ve never seen it so expensive, I’m going 8th to the 23rd and normally have an SUV. These are silly prices at present. I don’t think the prices will remain so high. A full size car is £600plus.
Normally an SUV is 400.
I think I may have to wait it out a bit.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Unfortunately the rental companies are charging a peak season surcharge for rentals that commence between 1st July to 15th August.

We have a full size car avaiable with Budget for £516 and an intermediate SUV with Hertz for £589 if either of those are any good for you. (from my offline system so won't show up on the website).

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

we are looking from 10th to 31st and getting astronomical prices for a std suv. Just checked and to do it as to seperate bookings 10th-16th - £426.36 Alamo then 16th - 31st - £438.22 Alamo. Still expensive but about £400 cheaper than doing it as one trip
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Just tried changing the last date from 16-31st to 15-31st and it went up to £947.07 so an increase of approx £510 for that one day !

If we booked in 2 seperate bookings, what would be the chances of alamo letting us keep the same car if we rang them up to explain?
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

So to book with Alamo brits 10th - 31st August 21 - std SUV - £1252.20
Virgin car hire same dates same car - £751
Is Virgin fully cancellable and do you have to pay when you book. Andy if you can beat that please feel free to quote,
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Just tried changing the last date from 16-31st to 15-31st and it went up to £947.07 so an increase of approx £510 for that one day !

If we booked in 2 seperate bookings, what would be the chances of alamo letting us keep the same car if we rang them up to explain?
You'll still need to pop to a local office on the 16th to check the vehicle in and check it back or again. You'll be able to keep the same vehicle.

I'll get back to you shortly on the price match.

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We had a long hard think about the price surge, the flight costs and also DVC Points needed for our stay

So we moved our plans by 6 days and will save Points and over £1K

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We had a long hard think about the price surge, the flight costs and also DVC Points needed for our stay

So we moved our plans by 6 days and will save Points and over £1K
aw thats a fabulous idea but we can't move that much due to school holidays and the fact we've just managed to get reward flights for next August.

Tom can you cancel without penalty with Virgin and what does it include i.e. extra driver etc. which company do they normally use? We've always had Alamo in the past. Was that £1k on car hire you saved ! thats amazing
Old 13 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

There are deals out there.
I’ve booked a Suburban from 1st - 15th August for £639 with Auto Europe.
It’s from Thrifty who are not everyone’s cup of tea, but no one else can get close to that price for that vehicle and dates at the moment.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
So to book with Alamo brits 10th - 31st August 21 - std SUV - £1252.20
Virgin car hire same dates same car - £751
Is Virgin fully cancellable and do you have to pay when you book. Andy if you can beat that please feel free to quote,
Unfortunately i'm coming back more expensive... £790 with Alamo on the stnd SUV with 2 drivers.
Sorry about that.