Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Nov 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The Disney one just had me crying too. I think the Amazon one is still my favourite so far, but Disney always means something magical to me (and many of us on here I’m sure) 💕
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
I saw a John Lewis one with a dog it’s lovely but far to depressing not sure if it’s fake or not .
It's fake. The real one is not out yet. DH works for them.

Apart from anything else, it is way too long, has no branding, and Russ Abbott song... really?

Very clever spoof though.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
Its not the John Lewis advert.
If you go to You tube it says:

Ricardo Autobahn
4.41K subscribers
We think it’s possible to take ANY song and turn it into the soundtrack for a John Lewis Christmas advert. So that’s just what we did for 2020. The ideal soundtrack to your dancing party. Enjoy.

Still to come yet!
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by florida2010 View Post
Disney 2020 Christmas advert just released:

First time I have seen that and it actually made me cry
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

love the Disney one and Amazon one, both brought a tear to my eye
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The Disney one is lovely, thanks for sharing not seen that one yet, amazon one still pips it though for me xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

The Amazon one. For obvious reasons. We have to turn it off in our house though, it’s a bit much for us multiple times a day at the moment. But it’s perfect. It’s what we needed and I’m so grateful to Amazon for bringing it to peoples attention and for the money they’ve put in. Especially as they’ve employed half of theatreland at the moment!

Actual Christmassy advert for me though is Aldi. I just love Kevin. Ohhhh right in the icicles!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
Its not the John Lewis advert.
If you go to You tube it says:

Ricardo Autobahn
4.41K subscribers
We think it’s possible to take ANY song and turn it into the soundtrack for a John Lewis Christmas advert. So that’s just what we did for 2020. The ideal soundtrack to your dancing party. Enjoy.

Still to come yet!
i knew that when i posted it, ricardo plays keyboards in helen love, and is half of the pound shop boys

on this song, he worked with the guy from the lancashire hotpots on a much-needed cover of atmosphere by russ abbot!

So for bantz me & @ricardoautobahn decided to turn the most inappropriate song into a johnlewischristmasadvert and it's got like 120K views and Daily Mail readers are getting VERY angry Flushed face. Help.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It's fake. The real one is not out yet. DH works for them.

Apart from anything else, it is way too long, has no branding, and Russ Abbott song... really?

Very clever spoof though.
I’m glad it’s fake sweet as it is it’s bloody miserable and we could all do with Christmas cheer this year 😊

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

What is it about Aldi and Kevin? As soon as it comes on my DH watches it attentively smiling!