Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
lol I was surprised but I guess no real biggie 😂
TMI
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Oh I’m loving it! We watched 5 episodes yesterday! Going to do another 2 tonight it’s just so good 👑

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I did actually watch the fist series, but just had it on, rather than watch it properly, so I’m starting again
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I did actually watch the fist series, but just had it on, rather than watch it properly, so I’m starting again
I’d love to see it all again for the first time. I can see myself rewatching haha.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I don’t think there are any spoilers in this thread but if you have seen the first Episode then the biggest spoiler is Margaret Thatchers hair which seems to grow scene on scene and should have billing of its own - her bouffant was never that Huge lol (and I saw her many times over the years )

I am enjoying the story very much but Gillian Anderson just cant get Mrs Thatcher at all - but she makes me laugh with her trying

one mini “spoiler” but isnt really part of any plot which I think The Crown went too far is seeing the Queen on the toilet tearing off a sheet of toilet paper ready to - well glad the camera cut away. I was genuinely shocked at that
Thanks MF! I’ll keep an eye on the hair 😂. I have to say Maggie isn’t someone I’m familiar with, so I’ve nothing to compare.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Exclamation

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT A SPOILER

(although not really any as such in a historical drama)

Well I have finished it - overall really enjoyed it. I was disappointed they missed many of the BIG issues during the Thatcher years (AIDS crisis, Section 28, Miners strike etc as those were defining moments for me) but I guess the appeal of those may not have appealed to, say, USA Netflix audience who they are trying to please. And apart from Gillian Anderson (who I didnt warm to - she was more like trying to be Janet Brown playing MT with Marie Antionette oversized wig) I thoroughly enjoyed it as a piece of fiction sprinkled with a lose thread of historical facts. I cried a lot at the final scenes of the final episode - I wont say why (but you don’t knew spoilers as the story is well known and been all over the internet and press last couple of days) but written and played superbly by the while cast - bravo

Now to a set of new actors for series 5 & 6 - cant wait to see Imelda as The Queen personally I think she will own the part
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I knew I would have this finished before I went home. Finished it last night. For some reason it felt shorter than the others. I still really enjoyed it though and did keep at the back of my mind that it’s fiction not fact.
I laughed at your comparison, MF, of Gillian Anderson like Janet Brown, I can see that.
On the whole thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Never had any interest in this before but really wanted to see season 4 and how they portrayed thatcher and diana, i absolutely loved it and cant wait for 5 and 6, also tempted to watch 1-3 as well

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Never had any interest in this before but really wanted to see season 4 and how they portrayed thatcher and diana, i absolutely loved it and cant wait for 5 and 6, also tempted to watch 1-3 as well
Defo worth watching 1-3 as well !
Old 19 Nov 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I decided to skip 3 for now and go straight to 4.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List