Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Woke up at stupid o'clock so had a chilli and a bolognese bubbling away and a cake in the oven bright and early.

Have been a moody mare all day because of lack of sleep 🙄

Did a Fitnessblender workout then went to our daughter's house with DH. He and her other half loaded the van with stuff to put in our garage (they should be completing house sale/purchase on Friday, we're short on manpower and then it might not happen so we've moved as much of the bulky stuff as possible). I went for an hour long walk with DD and grandson #2.

Home to chilli and cake. A couple of pots of tea then made myself even grumpier sorting out a WiFi extender and amazon fire.

Oh and watched the strictly results on I player through the Fire. So at least it's all working 😂

If I've made anyone grumpy with my moaning... Sorry 😂

And just cos I'm proud of baking a cake...
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Went for a walk into town with DD did 10,000 steps. Bumped into my daughter in law and granddaughter who’s three next month. Haven’t seen her for three weeks and first thing she said is want to come to your house and see grandad 😩. Gave me such a lift to see her little face in the flesh.

Came home cooked a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings and watched the mighty hammers win against Sheffield all in all a good day.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just watched Last Christmas, lovely film
Old 23 Nov 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Booked our flights for august 6th
Florida here we come 😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Just had an emergency call to the vets. Thankfully all okay, and no money needed. Just mass panic and crying from me!

We were watching I’m a celeb and then there’s a crash, out the corner of my eye I saw white fluff. Afia had fallen from a shelf/out of a coconut in the cage (Rats). Didn’t think too much of it, both got up to check she was okay. She didn’t move. Picked her up, no movement. Put her on the sofa. Nothing. Just looking at me.

Called mum, (because you always need your mum), called the emergency OOH vet, to be greeted with “all appoints are £94.50 before treatment and consultation for out of hours”. Thankfully while I was on the phone to the vet Afia started moving, she’s now had a drink and some food. She’s not lame and we think it was just shock. Vets have said I don’t need to bring her in tonight unless she changes and I’m worried, she also only needs to go tomorrow if I notice a difference in her.

As harsh as this is, we’ve always said we won’t treat natural illnesses for the rats, however we will always treat an accident, and I genuinely thought I was having her put down tonight. She’s now reunited with her 3 sisters (Bailey, Coco and Disney).

Time for tea and cake to calm down.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We spent most of ours planning a trip to Florida for next year. Have booked flights - Upper Class going out for the first time ever - so excited! Didn’t expect a few weeks ago that we would be planning anything, so this is a big bonus

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
We spent most of ours planning a trip to Florida for next year. Have booked flights - Upper Class going out for the first time ever - so excited! Didn’t expect a few weeks ago that we would be planning anything, so this is a big bonus
That’s sounds amazing!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Admin day

We are doing my Wife's Family Tree. A couple who were born in the 1920's has baffled us for ages as we can track them only to the mid 1950's

After 3 hours researching today I found they were £10 Poms and emigrated to Australia in 1956. A whole new trail has now opened.
I love doing the family trees .. I have the old family photos and have managed to find out some of their stories ...
We never knew who my dads father was as he was over here during the war as he was in the us army . My dad was born in 1944. I found out by sheer luck who my grandad was as my Nan had taken him to court and it was reported in the local newspaper.
My dad passed away not knowing he wasn’t an only child as he had half brothers and sister .
I have family from Kentucky. I do wonder if they ever knew ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Cooked breakfast (porridge with grated apple and cinnamon - smells like Xmas), moved the treadmill from the kitchen to my man cave.

Bit of Xbox then over to see my Mum and to pick up my car that has been on her drive for 3 weeks. Mum was much better than a few days ago when I spoke to her so happy about that. Had to call the breakdown service as my battery was flat.

Quick blast out in the car to top up the battery, still got 1/3 of a tank of diesel that I put in it in March 2020.

Lovely gammon dinner with mahoooosive yorkshire puddings then settled down to watch two episodes of His Dark Materials with my daughter.

Very relaxing.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We had a (socially distanced garden) visit from my nephew and his partner who are expecting their first baby at Xmas. Last time we saw them was back after last lockdown - in the garden and a bit warmer then! - when they came to tell us about the baby! They are going to be mainly isolating after this week until after the baby is born on advice from their midwife, and even then we'll only see them when its safe for the baby, so I baked gingerbread men, they got their Xmas presents and a huge bag of baby stuff.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List