Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jun 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

I currently have a fly drive booked with VH departing Glasgow Fri 18th June 2021 - Returning Sat 3rd July 2021.
My itinerary still shows these flights as happening but it seems they are changing the departure & return days from Glasgow on a rolling daily basis 331 days out.
I’ve been doing some dummy bookings over the last few days and this seems to be what’s happening.

I have tried every way possible to contact VH regarding this to ask what is happening and how my flights will be affected.
I have had zero response.

I had a villa booked which I have now cancelled due to the uncertainty of everything at the moment.
Now I’m hearing that Glasgow might not have any direct flights next year!
But still no information or help given by VH.

This is so I infuriating and stressful!
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

I've given up trying to keep up with all the changes from Glasgow. We've had our outbound date changed so we're flying out a few days earlier now and everything on the VA website states Glasgow & Belfast seasonal routes are definitely on for next year.

Until they officially say otherwise I'm going to try stay optimistic... its too draining otherwise & I need something to look forward to! xx
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I feel the same! I definitely need something to look forward too. The demand is there from glasgow as they were increasing the flights year on year to almost all year round. It surely warrants at least one flight a week.
I’m not thinking about it anymore until we get definitive answers from them. Stressing me out lol
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Prior to Covid 19 VA was planning on introducing a year round service from Glasgow as the demand is certainly there.
Since Covid 19 they have been misleading. Whether this is down to the grown ups not passing the information down to those answering the phone, text, WhatsApp and twitter enquiries who knows.
My booking fell outside of the criteria to transfer to an open ticket and I was told it was £150 pp then it free then it would be refunded. In the end, once they had confirmed no flights from Glasgow, I just went for a refund. I just couldn't be bothered anymore. If they would have been honest from the outset I would have taken an open ticket.
Still waiting for refund for bubble seats and the flights. Aer Lingus are just as bad.
I totally agree about the honesty. It’s an unprecedented situation and no one would have faulted them for just saying “we don’t know yet”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Thebigpostie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We where meant to go May 16 this year. Then it was rebooked for May 15 2021. Now reading that we might fly out of Glasgow. But have to return to Manchester. Of course not getting anywhere with Virgin.
Thebigpostie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

I don’t get why people still want to travel VA, yeah it’s direct but costs a fortune, we usually always do BA indirect around £450 from Glasgow and service is as good. Admittedly we were supposed to be direct with VA in sept but got those flights for £500 so no brainer(or so I thought) so much hassle with refund compared with BA(had booked with them for May this year, refunded in 7 days) will never go with VA again even if same price as BA indirect!

Def BA indirect next year
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
I don’t get why people still want to travel VA, yeah it’s direct but costs a fortune, we usually always do BA indirect around £450 from Glasgow and service is as good. Admittedly we were supposed to be direct with VA in sept but got those flights for £500 so no brainer(or so I thought) so much hassle with refund compared with BA(had booked with them for May this year, refunded in 7 days) will never go with VA again even if same price as BA indirect!

Def BA indirect next year
You answered your own question - because it’s direct.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You answered your own question - because it’s direct.
Yeah I know I answered my own question but seriously don’t know why anyone would now still contemplate flying with VA even if they do ever do direct again because of below

1. Why anyone would pay the prices to save 4hrs flying time(maybe I’m just too stingy&#128563

2. the way VA have treated the Glasgow customers ie refunds and mucked around with flights and dates and then just cancel all flights completely(although doesnt look like anyone going to get in anytime soon)
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Kevb27
I want to go now!

Mobile

I have flown both routes from Glasgow direct and in direct via London and dublin. Direct is a lot more easier and quicker. I have 2 children age 11 and 3 . When my wee one is a bit older I will probably go back to fly via London for the saving. But at the moment with the wee 1 the extra time and less hassle and stress lol is worth more than the extra money I save..
Kevb27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Yeah I know I answered my own question but seriously don’t know why anyone would now still contemplate flying with VA even if they do ever do direct again because of below

1. Why anyone would pay the prices to save 4hrs flying time(maybe I’m just too stingy&#128563

2. the way VA have treated the Glasgow customers ie refunds and mucked around with flights and dates and then just cancel all flights completely(although doesnt look like anyone going to get in anytime soon)
Oh I agree, they’ve behaved appallingly during this situation however direct flights from Glasgow are now only offered by them and Tui so if they continue to offer them next year I’ll continue to use them until there’s someone else.
I’ve flown indirect many times on many different routes and if I have to choose between that flight home that gets me straight into Scotland or the one that means I have to wait several hours in an airport when I’m tired I’ll choose direct even if I have to pay a bit more. I’m not really sure why you find it so difficult to understand?

Trip Report Index