Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Mar 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by eowyn78 View Post
Just got new times from my Holiday operators for the Virgin flights. The plane is now leaving at 14:00 and we change at New York. We won't get into Orlando until 10:00pm. I'm furious coz I booked holiday last summer. Can I complain and get some money back?
You can always complain about anything, if it will make you feel better. Probably won't do any good though.

You will find the answer to your question in the booking conditions you agreed to when you booked - they always define the rules re cancellations and amendments by either party. I am guessing you haven't read them, or you wouldn't have asked your question. They normally say the travel arrangements are provisional and subject to change, and may define minor changes (which you accept by default) and major ones (where you have a right to cancel and get a refund if you don't like it).

It is a basic fact of life that aircraft schedules change, for lots of reasons. You can almost guarantee that what is announced 11 months before will change - it is only a surprise if it doesn't. The earlier you book, the more likely there will be a subsequent change.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

I am not one for reading small print. I just thought the further back you book the better guarantee for a flight on the day you want to go out. As I work in a school and my daughter goes to school I have a very small window open to travel.

I am already taking my daughter out from the last day of school and have been moaned at by the Headteacher, despite the fact they have closed the school for three days coz of the snow. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Just disappointed that we won't get in to Orlando until 10:00. Was going to do a food shop on the first evening.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Ours was just changed - email this morning.
Outbound 20 minutes later; Inbound 90 minutes earlier.
No big deal.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Ours are 5 hours difference. Now we have to hang around for ages. I wonder if we complain to Virgin we can use their lounge for free? I am going to try it.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Saddy1996
Excited about Disney

Am I the only person happy? My 11ish flight out hasn’t changed but flight home changed from 5pm to 10pm. Meaning we get full last day!
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saddy1996 View Post
Am I the only person happy? My 11ish flight out hasn’t changed but flight home changed from 5pm to 10pm. Meaning we get full last day!
Not sure if you are getting hire car at airport but remember collect and drop off times.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

We just got our second change from Belfast in a week - granted there’s nothing dramatic in the time changes 1/2 hour here and there, is this just a normal thing as airports/airlines finalise schedules?

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Virtually every time i've logged in our seats with VS and DL have changed. Keep having to reselect seats and rebooking Magical Express etc.. Really frustrating!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by briant2001 View Post
We just got our second change from Belfast in a week - granted there’s nothing dramatic in the time changes 1/2 hour here and there, is this just a normal thing as airports/airlines finalise schedules?
TBH, I cant remember a holiday where the flights didn't change (but I book 11 months out).
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by briant2001 View Post
Hi we have had a couple of small changes from belfast for may outbound
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List