Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
I booked virgin flights a few months ago they netflights which is showing as virgin classic on virgin booking page. Does this mean I will get to select my seats for free? Xx
No only for flights booked or ticketed after 17th March
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
I booked virgin flights a few months ago they netflights which is showing as virgin classic on virgin booking page. Does this mean I will get to select my seats for free? Xx
No. If you booked before March 18th then you still have to pay.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
No. If you booked before March 18th then you still have to pay.
Not true, I booked in Febuary and I get free seat selection because our flight isn't ticketed yet. I've had confirmation from both VA & VH.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mole83 View Post
Not true, I booked in Febuary and I get free seat selection because our flight isn't ticketed yet. I've had confirmation from both VA & VH.
She said she booked via Netflights which means her flight will be ticketed. You booked via VH and your flight is not yet ticketed so in answer to the ladies question - No, she would have to pay to select seats.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
We booked our flights months ago. I tried to allocate seats 72 hours before flying online, earlier today as Red Flying club members. The free seats option was not there. We rang VFC, and they allocated 4 x seats for free as we had booked before the new rules.

Virgin should honour the 72 hours rule as we booked before the rules changed.
it does say on the website, 'You MAY be charged if you booked before 17 March' and not
'You will be charged'.

Worth a phone call to save £120!

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goofy3075 View Post
We booked our flights months ago. I tried to allocate seats 72 hours before flying online, earlier today as Red Flying club members. The free seats option was not there. We rang VFC, and they allocated 4 x seats for free as we had booked before the new rules.

Virgin should honour the 72 hours rule as we booked before the rules changed.
it does say on the website, 'You MAY be charged if you booked before 17 March' and not
'You will be charged'.

Worth a phone call to save £120!
They are honouring the 72 hour flying club seat booking, that’s not been in doubt. You have to be signed into flying club to do it, not just normal seat selection. Shouldn’t need a phone call.
Old 25 Mar 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy3075
Excited about Disney

Goofy3075's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
They are honouring the 72 hour flying club seat booking, that’s not been in doubt. You have to be signed into flying club to do it, not just normal seat selection. Shouldn’t need a phone call.
Thanks, I will remember this for the return flight.

Encantada Holiday Home
4 bed, 3 bath, private pool, lake side location, very close to Disney, free super fast Wi-Fi.
Free resort facilities: 2 x pools, 2 x spas, gym, clubhouse with a licenced bar and pool table.
Florida Vacation Licence Number DWE5919120
Goofy3075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

Yes, they have put the prices up. Economy Delight is £40 extra, Classic is £30 extra and Light is unchanged.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Just noticed this on the VA website for comparing the 3 economy levels. Seat width UPTO 17 inches, have they shrunk all the seats or have they always been that narrow. Doesn’t help that I’m getting wider with age
Old 30 Mar 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
florida newbees
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

ive been in contact with virgin as i also fly 1st july 2019 they said as seat scheldule is not yet for our seating and wont be till aug but when it does it will be free of charge i have taken a screen shot of this reply and will be hold then to this response
florida newbees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List