Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Booked CBR last night on the back of reading a lot on this thread, we are going for Christmas 2020 and then staying in a villa for a week. As we are only there a few days none of the FDP etc offers applied so I decided on a preferred room - quite excited to try a new resort
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
It has given me lovely warm fuzzy feelings to find you all still in here, in the same thread that looked like a different thread but was really just hiding under a new name

Just wanted to update and let you know that I'm coming back! After sitting in a queue last night I got my booking made at 0145 this morning - I know the availability will probably improve for other room types but I didn't want to risk missing out so played right into Disney's hands and booked a water view. There you go Disney, thanks for having me

Then of course I was too flying to sleep so I'm at work on about 1 hour sleep!
Ravenwing, good to see you back again 😊
Well done on booking for next year. I tried to join the queue a few times, but got bored of waiting for so long, so am going to wait until tomorrow, see if it's any better 😬
Happy planning 😎
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Booked CBR last night on the back of reading a lot on this thread, we are going for Christmas 2020 and then staying in a villa for a week. As we are only there a few days none of the FDP etc offers applied so I decided on a preferred room - quite excited to try a new resort
That's great, so glad it helped you.
The first time we stayed at Disney in Dec 2008, we stayed at CBR and I always remember the Christmassy Caribbean tunes they played around resort, it was so lovely.

Bet you'll have a brilliant time doing CBR & a villa over Christmas 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Going to have a proper read through the thread as staying at cbr next year and i want to make sure ive picked the best hotel for my son and i when we go
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden
Very Serious Dibber

We are here now and loving it so much, its just beautiful and the beaches, buildings and whole theme really make you feel you're on holiday (as well as at Disney)
We requested and have been given a perfect room in Martinique 25
Think we have definitely found our 'home' resort!
Eden is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eden View Post

We are here now and loving it so much, its just beautiful and the beaches, buildings and whole theme really make you feel you're on holiday (as well as at Disney)
We requested and have been given a perfect room in Martinique 25
Think we have definitely found our 'home' resort!
What a lovely view! So glad you are loving it so much.
How long are you there for?
😊
Old 29 Apr 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Going to have a proper read through the thread as staying at cbr next year and i want to make sure ive picked the best hotel for my son and i when we go
How old is your son? CBR was always my DD’s favourite resort.
She absolutely loved the main pool and joining in with the pool entertainment when she was younger 😊
Old 29 Apr 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been checking for CBR availability since free dining was announced & so far only Pirate rooms available for my dates.🤨

A week before free dining all of the mods had standard rooms available for my dates, now: POFQ no rooms available at all, CBR only Pirate rooms, CSR is the only one with standard rooms still showing.

At CBR a standard room was £223 a night, a Pirate room £284, so won’t be booking that 🙁

I might book CSR at £205 a night & upgrade to CBR if/when more standard rooms are released.

Hope those going 2020 have had better luck getting the room type you want.

I want to make sure I book before early May to get the extra $100 gift card 😊
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
How old is your son? CBR was always my DD’s favourite resort.
She absolutely loved the main pool and joining in with the pool entertainment when she was younger 😊
He will be 4 when we go and loves pirates. He wants to be a pirate again when we go as i got him the pirate for a day photoshoot at dlp last yeat
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
He will be 4 when we go and loves pirates. He wants to be a pirate again when we go as i got him the pirate for a day photoshoot at dlp last yeat
Ah bless him😊
Bet he’ll love the kiddies splash area by the main pool too.
Have you booked a Pirate room?