Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Mobile Car duel DVD player

Hi, we are after a set of DVD players for the car. Ones that play independently but can also connect together and also that you can watch as you charge it in the car... any recommendations please? X
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

We have the Logic Dual Screens from Currys, have had them about 6/7 years now, can be used on there own or together can charge both in car and on mains. Not had any problems.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess104 View Post
We have the Logic Dual Screens from Currys, have had them about 6/7 years now, can be used on there own or together can charge both in car and on mains. Not had any problems.
Thank you.. i have been looking at these. Look really good but some of the reviews say they are really quiet? Do you find them quiet? Xx
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

We had these when kids were small about 10 years ago . They never wanted to watch the same things though and they do need headphones or it is really distracting up front. Both now just use tablets with things downloaded on them for any length of trip. You get headrest holders for these and again they can plug headphones in. We don’t have a single dvd any longer in the house
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

yeah, much easier to buy a £30 android tablet (or two) and use that instead nowadays.

if you want the contents of a dvd on the tablet, use HANDBRAKE. a free tool to rip and convert, then a media player app like VLC or kodi to watch it
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

What happened to a good old game of I spy or other countless car journey games that you can invent 😊

Edited at 10:10 AM.
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
What happened to a good old game of I spy or other countless car journey games that you can invent 😊
They got very boring and annoying ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
They got very boring and annoying ...
That really makes me sad to be honest. We’ve got shedloads of options to keep us and our daughter and her friends entertained on long journeys.

Maybe I’m just an old grumpy git but it’s just not for us. DD has plenty of technology that she uses regularly at home but it never leaves the house. Only exception being she can watch YouTube if I take her with me when I get my haircut

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
That really makes me sad to be honest. We’ve got shedloads of options to keep us and our daughter and her friends entertained on long journeys.

Maybe I’m just an old grumpy git but it’s just not for us. DD has plenty of technology that she uses regularly at home but it never leaves the house. Only exception being she can watch YouTube if I take her with me when I get my haircut
When they get older though they don’t want to play car games .
We still have a laugh in the car but she would rather listen to her playlist on her iPad and I wouldn’t tell her she can’t .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Have you thought about a couple of cheapish tablet such as the Amazon Fire HD and some bluetooth headphones? Will cost a bit more initially, but has far more usability.

You can get headrest holders for tablets to mount them to the back of the seat.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List