Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Dec 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

So very sorry for your loss!
You sound an amazing strong family! xx
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

What a truly heartbreaking read .
As others have said , I don’t think there is a right or wrong way to approach this .
It will be just ‘ your way’
I think in your shoes I would try to do everything that your beloved daughter would have wanted to do .
And don’t be afraid to tell each other how you are feeling .
Share the good times and manage each other’s bad times .

My heart bleeds for you x
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I really can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said. I am truly sorry for your devastating loss. You don’t need OUR brave pants, you have your own and they are pulled up good and tight! Thinking of you x
Old 3 Dec 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So sorry to hear of your loss, I have nothing more to add but just want to wish you all well and go and make more memories x

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Crikey - thank you all so very much for your replies and kind words.

I should also have mentioned that we have already been back to the US as a family of 3. We had a trip booked for last July which should have been as a family of 4. We debated for hours as to whether we should go or not...

We had promised ourselves in the weeks after DD died that we would try to live our best lives and so we felt we had to see that through with the July holiday. We changed the dates of travel, cabin etc.

In all honesty I was dreading it but my DH and youngest DD both wanted to go. In actual fact it did us the world of good. We kept busy with shopping, eating etc We obviously shed plenty of tears etc but overall I think the trip was good for us, mentally and physically.

So although we have been back to the US since DD died, doing the parks is a huge hurdle, I dread the CM asking 'how many'... I can't see us getting through that with dry eyes...

I don't feel guilt for going without her, just so enormously heartbroken that she is not there with us... As a family we know she would want us to have the best time.

Anyways, thank you so much for you replies, they mean a lot, we will give it our best shot.

Ali x
I am not going to lie this just brought tears to my eyes reading it. I am not a mother nor will ever be so any loss I have had in my life would not be comparable and I would never seek to make it that. All I can say is that you have the biggest bravest pants on that I can imagine to deal with every day not just a holiday your lovely daughter would have enjoyed every second of. Just take some time when there to breathe in and out and soak up all the wonderful sights and sounds and know that she is still with you somehow. Even if its just to give you the strength to be there at that moment on that day. Know that its her that is inside you all making the day possible.

Edited at 09:33 AM.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no advice re:visiting the parks but I just wanted to say how incredibly brave and strong you are! Losing a child must be one of the most heartbreaking things to have to go through and I just wanted to send you and your family lots of love and hugs! Xxxx
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

First of all so sorry for your loss. I won’t say I understand what you have been through but I was by my sisters side when we lost my nephew suddenly at 21. Absolute heartbreak my heart goes out to you.

My sister as a similar stance on things. She visits places and takes her son with her in her heart. She feels she owes it to him to live life to the fullest including visiting florida and yes she cries but still one foot in front of the other she is a stronger person with each milestone.

Ignore the negatives do what is right for you

God Bless xx

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying

Edited at 09:57 AM.
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

No need to feel bad about this as this is another milestone you will have to pass at some time. It will also give your 13 year old a chance to do something that any other 13 year old would love to do. We had flights to Florida booked before MIL was taken suddenly ill and passed away and after much soul searching decided for the children the best thing to do would be to still go as planned. It was probably the best thing we could have done.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh gosh I'm.so sorry to.hear about your daughter, I cannot imagine how you have coped. I'd say go and make those memories xx
Old 6 Dec 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I have no advice, but there is plenty here already.

In fact, some of it is amazing - I may have something in my eye now - now where are those tissues?

Have a lovely time, I'm sure you will.

Joa
x