Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

J f k

57 years ago today on 22nd November 1963, JFK the president of the United States of America was assassinated whilst in a presidential parade in Dallas Texas.

I wonder what the world would look like today if this had not happened.

A sad day in recent history.

Disney332

Edited at 06:10 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One of those events that you recall knowing where you were when you heard the news. Like 9/11, the deaths of Elvis and John Lennon for instance. I was on day-release course for work and I remember hearing the news.

Have you read 11.22.63 by Steven King?

Mick
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
One of those events that you recall knowing where you were when you heard the news. Like 9/11, the deaths of Elvis and John Lennon for instance. I was on day-release course for work and I remember hearing the news.

Mick
I was too young to know...

No... will look at it for kindle.

Cheers Mick

Disney332
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As you say Mick I was 3 but remember vividly my father telling my mother that it was on the news
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
Not usually a Steven King fan (his usual genre is not for me), but I loved that book!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Not usually a Steven King fan (his usual genre is not for me), but I loved that book!
The only SK book I've read. Kindle says I bought it in May 2016.

Mick
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

He died 3 years before I was born but I will always watch documentaries on it. There's actually one on now.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I remember being terribly upset because they took Route 66 off TV that night. I really didn't understand why they did that. And when it was explained that me I still didn't understand. Little brat I was!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I didn’t arrive until the 70s but because of my Irish heritage the Kennedy’s in general were always spoke of.
In 2018 a visit to the JFKennedy Presidential Library was a definite on my list.
DH and I spent three hours there , so interesting
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I went to the Presidential library on a whim one weekend when I was free ...I bought a flight and went two days later !
It was well worth going to and I was there ages, we were supposed to be in Dallas two weeks ago but are now in the process of re planning
JFKs life was taken 4 years before I was born but I have always been interested in him.

In 2016 we travelled through central Florida visiting this tiny museum in a town called Lake Placid and amongst everything the had one of Jackie Kennedy’s dresses it was so random and such a beautiful dress I was blown away by it .

snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List