Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Feb 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

Fast Pass Universal

Hi All

I pre booked my universal tickets and Disney ones using a combo job with Orlando attraction Tickets.

I have started to book fast pass with Disney, but how does it work with universal? Or is Fast pass not a thing at universal?
Please forgive my first timer ignorance.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Universal don't have fast pass. They do a front of line pass which you can buy or get if staying at one of their Hotels (only certain ones)
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
eowyn78
Being a bit Goofy

Oh. So it's a matter of getting up early and getting in early. Good thing our hotel is directly opposite universal then.
eowyn78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by eowyn78 View Post
Hi All

I pre booked my universal tickets and Disney ones using a combo job with Orlando attraction Tickets.

I have started to book fast pass with Disney, but how does it work with universal? Or is Fast pass not a thing at universal?
Please forgive my first timer ignorance.
Universal has Front of line pass (FOLP), you have to pay for it though and is pretty pricey. You don’t have to book rides with this the way you do at Disney, you just go on. Alternatively, it’s included with 3 of the universal hotels
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

You can purchase a front of line pass, or you get one of these for free if you stay at one of the top three onsite hotels. ( both days either side of stay) This works out cheaoer for most than purchasing the FOLP. When are you going? Who is in your party?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

You don't get free fastpasses with universal, you can buy a days express pass when you get to the park and when you get to a ride you go in a seperate queue. They offer an unlimited one or one where you can use it once on each ride that day.

The other option is to book a night at one of the following Universal hotels, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort or Portofino Bay and you get unlimited express passes for 2 days (your checkin and checkout days) this usually works out cheaper than buying a day of express passes for a family.

you can get a return time to ride the Jimmy fallon ride when you get to the park for free.
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Just for clarity for the OP, folp is the Express pass. You'll see the term folp used a lot on the DIBB but the official name is Express pass.

It doesn't actually get you to the front of the line. You join a separate line at the ride enterance for Express pass users, that in theory is much shorter. Opinions vary on whether it is worth it and it's usefulness is much more valuable in busy times of the year.

For me - it'll always be known as folp and I couldn't imagine doing without one. Which is why we stay at one of the onsite resorts that include Express Pass. I mean folp...

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List