Notices

Old 18 Jul 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

No Carbs before Marbs?!

This year we are taking a year ‘off’ big holidays, (Florida) so we have settled for a week in sunny Marbella, and rented a villa by the beach, with a pool. It still cost a fortune, and we probably could have gone to Orlando for two weeks, but hey ho.

Part of the decision not to fly long haul is that our eldest son, George now 20, has been flying all over the world in his job for BFBS, and is currently on his way back from the Falkland Islands to join us on this trip, he didnt want to get on another long flight, fair enough George! He has a new job with BT starting in September so is moving back home, I have mixed feelings about this...

Also coming, husband Terry, 62, he works overseas on an oil rig, and also gets home today, he has just been told he probably wont have a job soon, so things could be about to change all round for us in the near future and we will have to chat about this while we are away. He loves his rig, and doesnt want to retire just yet.

Youngest son Harry, 16, just finished his GCSEs, and has been mostly sleeping, eating and going to ‘gatherings’ since leaving school, thats the life Harry! This is him at Prom couple of weeks ago

Me, 47, very peri menopausal, wanted to lose weight for holiday, didnt happen, (again) oh well. This is not my puppy but isnt she cute? I tried no carbs before Marbs, didnt work. (I cheated)

And finally, Georges friend, Kieran, my ginger son, also 20, who has travelled with us couple of times before and is a lovely boy, but him and George can be a bit of a wally at times with drinking etc, like most young adults so lets see how this all goes - me and four men for a week! Pray for me dibbers!

We are flying with Jet2, from Stansted, and staying in the area of Los Monteros, just to the east of Marbella, we have rented a hire car, hoping it will fit us all in, I dont drive abroad, as it always ends in disaster so DH is driving. We might try UBER if the young people show us how.

Have bought so many toiletries, not sure our baggage allowance will cope! Please note the inflatable horse with wings (mine) and the special toilet freshener spray my friend told me I will need for all the mens smells! If I am missing anything please let me know! 😂😂😂

This is the villa - we are among the first to rent it, there were no reviews, which scares me slightly, but hoping it all works out! Looks lovely -

Plan is to relax by the pool, read, swim, time on the beach, eat out (every night, no cooking) I have a list of restaurants I want to try and it’s nearly two weeks worth. We might visit Gibraltar, Mijas, Puerto Banús. Thanks for reading!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 08:48 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This sound fantastic, love the Villa. A week with men that should be interesting,hope you have a lovely time x
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Love the look of your villa at will you let us know how it is? Have a lovely time 😀😀
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
This sound fantastic, love the Villa. A week with men that should be interesting,hope you have a lovely time x
Oh lord. Eldest is highly strung, youngest is in that grumpy phase, and I am all over the place with hormones! Lol.

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Love the look of your villa at will you let us know how it is? Have a lovely time 😀😀
Yes, will report back, planning to do a mega supermarket shop on arrival, hoping beds comfortable and kids dont wreck the place.

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looks a great villa Louise... good thinking taking the VIPoo 😂😂😂😂, have a fabulous time xxx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Looks a great villa Louise... good thinking taking the VIPoo 😂😂😂😂, have a fabulous time xxx
Ha ha thanks! Hadnt heard of it before, this one is from Home Bargains (love that shop)

George made it home safely, I spent yesterday mothering him, making toasted sandwiches, washing all his clothes etc. Was lovely.
Hubby didnt make it back as his helicopter got delayed - its a two and half hour helicopter journey from the rig to land!
He gets back this morning instead so will see him later. Just at work (dibbing ) last day before I have two weeks off yay!

Our trip reports -
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a fab time and good luck with all those men!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fab trip!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks amazing x
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I thought I buy a lot of toiletries for a holiday, but it seems I have nothing on you!

Wow, the villa looks fab. Have a great time!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List