Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile Did anyone have a UK break booked for this week ?

I didn’t but I paid for my mum and step dad to go to Norfolk - very gutted for them that they would have had glorious weather if they had been able to go, may even have been too hot . I am hoping the weather is as kind in September as they have a Devon holiday booked for then ( providing it’s ok to go then) . We have had some lovely weather during lockdown so we have been lucky .
Old 21 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Yes- we'd booked to go to London at the weekend for my partner's 30th birthday. We had tickets to the Aubrey Beardsley exhibition at the Tate, the Fantastic Beasts exhibition at the Natural History Museum and The Welkin at the National Theatre. I'm gutted because my partner's birthday pass by without a celebration, but also because we've probably missed our chance to see all three shows. We have tickets to see Frozen in London in February but who knows what the West End will look like by then...
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Week at a Haven site near Bridlington. We sold our folding camper as we havent used it much for the last few years and storage and insurance fees were too expensive to keep it. Thought we might miss it so booked a few nights in a caravan. What a glorious week we would have had.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were meant to be off to Wales on Saturday
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

No not the a UK holiday... we were suppose to fly to Florida tomorrow though

We always joke that the weather in the UK is always a lot better when we are on holiday, someone must have forgotten to say we was not going anymore!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aly
Excited about Disney

Should have been in Hemsby, booked through Hoseasons but thats another can of worms! No refund yet? !
aly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aly View Post
Should have been in Hemsby, booked through Hoseasons but thats another can of worms! No refund yet? !
so did I , I went on their website ad it said click here for a callback if you want a refund - I did and within a couple of hours received an email stating here's your voucher for rebooking you asked for! I need to ring so will do tomorrow.
Old 21 May 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

DD should have been on her school residential trip - Bushcraft, camping in the forest. So disappointed for her particularly since the weather’s so brilliant.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Weekend in blackpool this Saturday with Tower Circus 😭 all cancelled and refunded.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

We were meant to be going to Milford on sea tomorrow for a week in a hot tub lodge with DD and 9 mth old DGS, her partner and his two kids who are 6 and 4 😭
We don’t normally do UK hols but thought it would be a nice family break.
We’ve had to push it back to May next year. I hope Hoseasons are still in business by then , otherwise it’s £2500 down the drain!

Edited at 06:16 PM.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List