Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Aug 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

twin centre holiday:Orlando/Vegas

Just curious really to see if anyone has ever done this...as we were planning to go for 4 weeks this year until mr covid put a stop to that, we were thinking maybe 3 weeks Orlando, 1 week Vegas or something like that... anyone have any advice?
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have done Florida before, in 4 weeks you can have a really good go at doing much of the essential parts of the west coast.

San Francisco
Yosemite (you can do Six Flags theme park on the way from SF)
Monterrey
Pacific Coast Highway
Six Flags Magic mountain north of LA
LA with Universal, Warner Bros, Santa Monica, Hollywood etc
Disneyland in Anaheim
Death Valley
Las Vegas
Grand Canyon

You could do San Diego, Phoenix, Joshua Tree etc as well.

Such nicer weather than Florida too.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you for all your suggestions...we have our hearts set on going back to florida...just thought it would be a good idea tagging vegas on as it somewhere we both want to visit
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We have twice done Vegas and then onto Orlando followed by a cruise. We fly to Vegas, stay for five nights and then fly to Orlando using Southwest (they do non stop direct and two free bags usually around $120 each). We stay a few nights in Orlando then catch a cruise from Port Canaveral and fly home direct from Orlando.

We look forward to the down time in Orlando and the cruise after the craziness of Vegas .
cheekydeeky is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We have done this a few times. Flew to Vegas, stayed a week then flew to Orlando using Southwest airlines.
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You can fly to Vegas for a few days then fly across to Florida for 14 days then fly home.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've done a couple of similar holidays.

Boston (around 3 nights), San Fran (7) then back to Boston and drive down to Cape Cod (4). Spent July 4th in Sandwich on Cape Cod.

Another year Vegas (4 nights), Orlando (7) and NYC (3). This holiday involved leaving or arriving at nine different airports.

Both holidays back in the good old Travel City Direct days pre-2008 and they arranged all the flights and hotels. American and American Eagle I recall for all flights.

Mick
Old 12 Aug 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mummys_girl84 View Post
Thank you for all your suggestions...we have our hearts set on going back to florida...just thought it would be a good idea tagging vegas on as it somewhere we both want to visit
Vegas is certainly an experience and a bit like Marmite for us to be honest. We stayed at the Aladdin (as it was in 2006 and now Hard Rock) roughly in the middle of the strip.

One day we walked south on the strip and just visited the hotels. Another day the same but north. In between a flight to the Grand Canyon. Spent one whole dollar in the slots. They recognised me as a high roller.

Mick
Old 7 Sep 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We have done this many times, we usually do 4 nights and Vegas and then fly down to our villa for 10 nights. We find that 3/4 nights in Vegas is enough for us before we get bored there. We have also done 3 nights LA, drive to Vegas for 3 nights and then flown to Florida.
My favourite place to stay in Vegas is the Bellagio as it's located in the middle of the strip and I love the view of the fountains from my room.

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've done it a long weekend in the middle of the holiday used spirit airlines
Certainly wouldn't do it again hated it but I'd certainly do San Francisco again
I know I'm in the minority hating Vegas but apart from the day at the Grand Cayon and our sons wedding the other 4 days I really hated
DH had always wanted to go as had DS neither will return
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List