Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Sep 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Disney waterparks

When do you all reckon they will be open ... I know it’s a how long is a piece of string question...just looking for peoples opinions..cheers!
Manc1979 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until next spring. Only one is usually open during the winter anyway and there is very little demand from locals or Americans on short visits once the weather gets cooler.
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder if they have a trigger to review it when they see park capacity levels (or hotel bookings which are a predictor for park capacity) reach X?

In the winter, one water park is always shut ‘for maintenance’ and if the temps are cold, they shut the other. Even when the parks are open sometimes they are very quiet!

So my gut feeling based on not a lot is that they won’t be rushing to open given we are approaching winter? But honestly no idea!
Old 13 Sep 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I too woud not be surprised if Disney wait until next Spring to reopen the waterparks.

As above, demand for them in the cooler months is incredibly low. We went in February a couple of years ago and visited Aquatica. Parked up about 15mins after Aquatica opened and we were about the 10th car in the parking lot. Left after a couple of hours having done all the rides and there were only about 40 cars in the parking lot at most then. The weather was about 20C and sunny, but with a cool breeze - you were fine when in the water but certainly felt a bit chilly when walking between rides / up to the top of the launch towers.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I also agree that spring is likely. I hope so because we are meant to be there for Easter
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I need to get in touch with them as we bought waterparks annual passes on our last-minute February half-term trip. We used them for a couple of days then, but were expecting to use them two or three more times over the course of the year.

I'm guessing a refund may be possible now.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I need to get in touch with them as we bought waterparks annual passes on our last-minute February half-term trip. We used them for a couple of days then, but were expecting to use them two or three more times over the course of the year.

I'm guessing a refund may be possible now.
I haven't seen anything about how they are dealing with waterpark only passes, but be prepared to not receive too much back. Once you visit twice you have got your money's worth and refunds aren't always calculated the most generous way.
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Yes, we had an AP and the Park was closed 6 times out of the 6 weeks we were there, we asked if there was any recompense and were told if we had had 3 visits that was it!

Edited at 05:50 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Not before they have a sustained period of high attendance in the theme parks, which wont be happening until they raise their maximum capacity.

So next summer, at earliest. Waterparks are probably some of the most cost intensive operations to run-unless they can prove they are making a profit with them open and that they arent just going to be a drain on resources, they wont be opening.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Not before they have a sustained period of high attendance in the theme parks, which wont be happening until they raise their maximum capacity.

So next summer, at earliest. Waterparks are probably some of the most cost intensive operations to run-unless they can prove they are making a profit with them open and that they arent just going to be a drain on resources, they wont be opening.
How much do they cost Disney to run?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List