Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jan 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Photographers...

Me agaaiiinnn...

Just been looking at other photographers, besides Disney. Like the look of Roots and Regina but I'm right in saying that they won't/can't do park shoots hey? I got a tad confused by the recent Disney update on other photographers accessibility to the parks but from what I've read so far it seems they've decided not to do the parks for fear of spoiling their experience of the parks? Don't even know if what I just typed makes any sense?! Is there such a thing a 'wedding brain'?!...I have permanent baby brain already!

Do you guys think it's worth paying for a park shoot? Are Disney photographers any good? I worry because in our experience with photopass/memory maker some of the park photographers are pretty rubbish! Anyone done it that wouldn't mind sharing their experience? Do you have to be there at crazy o'clock? How many hours does it take?

How about Roots or Regina?! When would i book? And would you have a photographer there from the start even though an hour with aDisney photographer comes with the package?

Sorry for all the questions guys...I really am a Disney wedding novice! Thanks for helping though
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok so, after a wee bit of research I'm answering some of my own post so I can refer back to it and in the hope that it may help someone else

Firstly, I've checked out some Dibb wedding trip reports and feel that it's 100% worth booking a park photo session with Disney if it's affordable/available. The photos I've came across look AMAZING and yes it is a 7am pick up but looks to be totally worth it! Packages (with various session lengths etc) & prices vary greatly but still not too sure when this can be booked...will be messaging DFTW in due course!

Secondly, I've messaged the Roots guys and they definitely don't do wedding photo sessions in the parks but do other sessions in the parks...they obviously still do the resorts etc though. They were very lovely and very quick at getting back to me with details of what they can do/costs, I'm just waiting on updated prices for 5.5 hours or less sessions before I make any final decisions.

Oh and I THINK the hour of photography that comes with the Disney wedding package can be taken anytime that day?! Sooooo, I'm thinking of having a park/resort shoot first thing followed by our wedding ceremony and then the hour of photography either during/after that or later in the evening when we're watching the fireworks

Just need to double check that I have my facts straight on that one first though! Also, I'm still undecided as to whether to get in touch with Regina or other photographers to compare prices etc...think it might confuse things...sometimes too much choice is a bad thing especially for me (Queen of indecision!)
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

I am presuming you are having an Escape wedding? If you are you have 4 options on how to use the included photography:

1) Use it as your wedding photography but you cannot have an outside vendor as well
2) Don't use it and forfeit it
3) Use it for a Dessert Party
4) Use it for a honeymoon resort shoot in non bridal wear on another day

The Roots are one of the more expensive photographers so if you get quotes from other photographers they are likely to be less.

You can book a Park bridal shoot I believe the same time as you book your wedding (non DFTW brides can book 45 days before). ONLY disney photographers can do pre park opening shoots.

The price for a Magic Kingdom shoot is around $2000, the other parks are cheaper.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Just seen you are having a memories wedding not Escape so i'm not sure what the rules are with that sorry.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

We got married in November and had a Memories package, we had to forfeit our disney package as we wanted Randy Chapman to provide our photography.

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 16, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
I am presuming you are having an Escape wedding? If you are you have 4 options on how to use the included photography:

1) Use it as your wedding photography but you cannot have an outside vendor as well
2) Don't use it and forfeit it
3) Use it for a Dessert Party
4) Use it for a honeymoon resort shoot in non bridal wear on another day

The Roots are one of the more expensive photographers so if you get quotes from other photographers they are likely to be less.

You can book a Park bridal shoot I believe the same time as you book your wedding (non DFTW brides can book 45 days before). ONLY disney photographers can do pre park opening shoots.

The price for a Magic Kingdom shoot is around $2000, the other parks are cheaper.
Awe thanks so much for all that info...really greatly appreciated

I'm gonna ask DFTW about using the Memories package photographer elsewhere on our day and currently hoping to book a park photo shoot with Disney...budget & dates/availability permitting!
I've emailed the Disney photography people with a few questions but no reply as yet ...I might try calling them as it's sometimes easier to chat these things over with.

I got an updated quote back from the Roots guys based on 3 & 5.5 hour sessions and they're pretty much as expected...might check elsewhere too just to have a fair comparison.

Thanks so much again for your help
Old 6 Feb 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=Dabootie;11305286]We got married in November and had a Memories package, we had to forfeit our disney package as we wanted Randy Chapman to provide our photography.

Awe your photos are really lovely! I love your dress...in fact all your outfits are totally fab and similar to the styling we're thinking of

My friend used RC on her last trip for a family hotel photoshoot and she really loved the experience and was delighted with her photos, especially with the props etc...the price was awesome too which helped alot! I think I'll speak to RC and get a price...it's just unfortunate that he can't do park shoots as that's our preferred option at the minute...however...our budget might mean that has to change and AKL is our favourite resort so wouldn't mind having a photo session there
Old 9 Feb 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately with the memories package you have no choice...you either use the Disney photographer at the ceremony or not at all. We Paid Randy a total of $400 which included extra time. His normal memories wedding costs $250. What is good is that he gives you all of your images on discs in both colour and black and white and also gives you the copyright.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

We had Regina photograph our wedding, she worked her socks off for 11 hours for us and produced amazing photos

We also did a park shoot with Disney in MK and in DHS, both were sooooo cool and such a great experience, we are just waiting for our digital pics to arrive (after getting married in 2014... long story haha)

IN park shoot wise with other photographers - some will, some won't. Disney kind of put the fear of god into a lot of their preferred vendors that they weren't to be going into the parks unless for a disney approved event (our reception and dessert party were in park but we had disney guides that accompanied them) so it's still considered frowned upon.

Universal on the other hand welcome photographers - we are having an anniversary shoot there in October with Regina
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 16, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
We had Regina photograph our wedding, she worked her socks off for 11 hours for us and produced amazing photos

We also did a park shoot with Disney in MK and in DHS, both were sooooo cool and such a great experience, we are just waiting for our digital pics to arrive (after getting married in 2014... long story haha)

IN park shoot wise with other photographers - some will, some won't. Disney kind of put the fear of god into a lot of their preferred vendors that they weren't to be going into the parks unless for a disney approved event (our reception and dessert party were in park but we had disney guides that accompanied them) so it's still considered frowned upon.

Universal on the other hand welcome photographers - we are having an anniversary shoot there in October with Regina

Thanks for that...greatly appreciated I had a wee read through your wedding report thingy and looks awesome! You were a really stunning bride!

Hope you don't mind but can I just ask...which would you say was better...the MK shoot or HS shoot? We defo won't be doing both and we're really debating getting it done at all just now as we feel like our budget is spiralling ...we only wanted a small no fuss affair and now we want loadsa weddingy stuff

I have to say that we love the idea of a MK shoot but have so many unanswered questions from Disney photo people that we don't really know if it's gonna work out or even be our cup of tea! We get to book our wedding on 1st March so time is slightly against us I'm guessing from reading some of your planning posts that you get to book the photoshoots at the same time as the wedding? Do you just pay a deposit then? And if so when do you pay the balance? I'm so sorry for bombarding you with questions but it would seem that not many people on here do the park shoots with Disney so I'm struggling to find info...especially as I've had no response from Disney direct

Thanks again for your help
Closed Thread