Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I’ve written off 2021 for Florida already
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Sadly, I have too. This may change if the requirement to wear masks in the parks and on the flight is removed.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Sadly, I have too. This may change if the requirement to wear masks in the parks and on the flight is removed.
My glass is "level" for April and "Half full" for November but, apart from a mooch round DS, we don't go anywhere near the parks anyway.

Mick
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
FCO can’t stop you travelling though

And there are insurance companies like Battle Face that cover you for travel against FCO advice ..

Technically we brits can travel now and enter on a ESTA you just have to spend 14 days in a safe country like Mexico or Turkey first .

If the USA open up their borders we will go whether or not it’s against FCO advice .. I can’t stand much more of being stuck here .

At the moment it is illegal to go - as we are in lockdown. A criminal offence on your record would void travel/ESTA to USA for years to come (not worth the risk is it) and I would lose
my visa

Most insurers no ones will cover travel against FCO advice - mine email it out earlier this month changing their policy - both Nationwide and “get going” wont cover me travelling against FCO or for covid

I am desperate to go but will only go when its sane and safe for me to do so - everyone has hire own agendas and its not thigh to knock us that that dont feel its right at the moment
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
My glass is "level" for April and "Half full" for November but, apart from a mooch round DS, we don't go anywhere near the parks anyway.

Mick
That’s about right Mick. It’s not a great issue to me - I can wait. For those that are trying to go in the coming months I wish you all well and hope you make it there.

I’m certainly not turning into a puddle over this ...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Battleface do offer cover travelling against FCO advise, but only up to age 59.

Did hear that Staysure will as well but I dont think thats true.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Did hear that Staysure will as well but I dont think thats true.
Can't comment on this as we're both 74.

When we renewed annual policy in early June they didn't cover cancellation due to Covid either. Then about 3 or 4 weeks later we had an email saying cancellation now covered if you catch it within 14 days of travel.

Mick

PS Just checked. Our policy is not age defined for FCO advice.

Edited at 03:02 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mick, (Staysure) that was was travelling against FCO advise, which I'm sure they dont cover. I know they revised their covid cover a little while ago. Unfortunately, they still come out quite expensive for me for my ski trips. Florida, 2022 now.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Mick, (Staysure) that was was travelling against FCO advise, which I'm sure they dont cover. I know they revised their covid cover a little while ago. Unfortunately, they still come out quite expensive for me for my ski trips. Florida, 2022 now.
Sadly I can't post about how cheap Staysure are at around £850 for annual premium but as we've both had the big C I test the market rigorously every May/June. Paid over £800 for the past 5 years as well - Staysure and Boots are always the cheapest. I can get loads of quotes that exclude cancers as PEMCs.

One good thing about Staysure Comprehensive is that medical cover is unlimited.

Mick
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Me too, I have a minor heart conditon, as you say its a minefield getting the right cover.