Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We opted for refund.
First thing that was cancelled was the BA flight and at that point we only waited 3 days for the refund.

Hotels.com we waited just over two weeks.
Holiday inn express Glasgow airport we waited a week after they cancelled our booking.
We are just waiting for travel republic for refund of our wild florida tickets.
Florida escapes for Discovery cove we are rescheduling for the (12th of never) 😕😏
Old 22 Apr 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve had two trips cancelled so far with one being an automatic refund (Tui) and we opted for a refund with the other (VA/WDW). We decided we’d rather start with a clean slate and book trips once we have a better idea of travel restrictions going forward. We’d also prefer to have the money in our bank account!

We’ve got two more trips planned for this year in June (UK) and decided to pay the balance and will wait and see what happens, with a view to rescheduling if we can’t go on our original date. The other is a cruise in July with the balance paid just before lockdown and we may reschedule that one too, depending on how things progress.
Old 22 Apr 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were due to fly 13 April with Virgin Holidays, took the option for refund on receipt of e-mail advising cancellation, but no sign of the refund yet, in honesty, their communications have not been the best.

Mrs S was also going to Nice in May with BA flight, cancellation by e-mail with voucher offer or call for refund, called, less than 10 minutes on hold and all sorted within 10 minutes, refund received within 3 days.

Gatwick airport parking a bit like Virgin, completed cancellation on site and e-mail confirming cancellation but no timescale for refund and still waiting.

All in all, it could be worse it could be better, but really impressed with BA, their customer service never seems to fail me.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
HenrysDad is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’ve had 2 cancelled and refunded so far, no point rescheduling as we have another 2 already booked and flights aren’t out for when we’d want to reschedule to.

Also I don’t want to reschedule until it’s clear what insurers will do with new bookings.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

When our August trip get cancelled we will be asking for a refund. Insurance is saying it won't cover a rescheduled trip as we can't do the exact same holiday next year.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Refund, too many unknowns, widely and within our family so would rather get my money back. There seems little incentive to rebook if we have to pay for the price increase anyway, if Disney/Virgin offered us a like for like holiday without paying the increase then I'd have been much more tempted to rebook. I appreciate this isn't easy unless you went for identical dates. But as it stands, may as well get a refund and see how this unravels.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Can't really vote as what I want is a refund. But I paid with vouchers.. so I can't and have to use a refund credit note instead to book another holiday. Definitely learnt my lesson - always pay by credit card (or debit card at least!). Will be getting the £500 deposit I paid via debit card.
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

We opted to reschedule. This was back at the start of April though when I was probably a bit naive in thinking things wouldn’t get this bad!