Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Sep 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
All inclusive Lanzarote

I have amended my EasyJet flights to Lanzarote. Not until September 21 but I need something to plan !
We haven’t done all inclusive for years but as 2 adults we fancy giving it a try.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality AI. We like Playa Blanca area. We have a budget of about £1500 for both of us. Isn’t no kids and term time great !

I have been looking at Sandos Papagayo. I wondered if anyone had been and if the Royal Elite package was worth it.

I will only be booking a hotel where I can pay with free cancellation.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks all !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

The Sandos Papagayo offers really good value for money and we would definitely recommend the upgrade to Royal Elite. We have been 5 times now and should have been booking in next Saturday 😢 but we cancelled.

Others we can recommend are the H10 group and for next year we have booked the H10 Rubicon where the food looks fab and it seems to have the edge on the Papagayo, however we will always have a soft spot for the Papagayo - where else would you find a front line hotel with direct sea views at such good value!

As you are booking separately I would highly recommend joining the Sandos group for discounts and upgrade possibilities 👍
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at the Sandos Papagayo last year for our 25th anniversary.

We upgraded and thought it was well worth it.

We had a lovely time, it’s a really nice hotel and I’d definitely return.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
The Sandos Papagayo offers really good value for money and we would definitely recommend the upgrade to Royal Elite. We have been 5 times now and should have been booking in next Saturday 😢 but we cancelled.

Others we can recommend are the H10 group and for next year we have booked the H10 Rubicon where the food looks fab and it seems to have the edge on the Papagayo, however we will always have a soft spot for the Papagayo - where else would you find a front line hotel with direct sea views at such good value!

As you are booking separately I would highly recommend joining the Sandos group for discounts and upgrade possibilities 👍
Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We stayed at the Sandos Papagayo last year for our 25th anniversary.

We upgraded and thought it was well worth it.

We had a lovely time, it’s a really nice hotel and I’d definitely return.
Thank you both so much.

This is our first holiday without kids ..attempt 3 !

The Sandos Papagayo does sound promising. The elite package is about £250 more for the week booking direct.
I just love a sea view. It really makes my holiday.

I will join the Sandos discount club if we book there. Thank you.

I will take a look at he H10 Rubicon too.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you both so much.

This is our first holiday without kids ..attempt 3 !

The Sandos Papagayo does sound promising. The elite package is about £250 more for the week booking direct.
I just love a sea view. It really makes my holiday.

I will join the Sandos discount club if we book there. Thank you.

I will take a look at he H10 Rubicon too.
We stayed at the Sandos Papagayo last year on the Royal Elite package.
We loved it and would definitely stay there again
We’ve stayed in the Rubicon Palace twice and upgraded to the Privilege service which is very good.
It’s had a big refurbishment since we last stayed there so I would imagine it’s even nicer now.
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We stayed at the Sandos Papagayo last year on the Royal Elite package.
We loved it and would definitely stay there again
We’ve stayed in the Rubicon Palace twice and upgraded to the Privilege service which is very good.
It’s had a big refurbishment since we last stayed there so I would imagine it’s even nicer now.
Thank you. They both look lovely and I am very indecisive!
It will be my incentive to lose the weight ( and put it back on with a week of all inclusive )
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Labranda allysia suite hotel in playa blanca is fab, great vfm and good reviews. We are supposed to be there for half term. Went 2 years ago and really enjoyed ourselves. It is a bit of walk into playa blanca but we liked location and caught a bus back if it was really hot. Enjoy
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Thank you. They both look lovely and I am very indecisive!
It will be my incentive to lose the weight ( and put it back on with a week of all inclusive )
As much as I enjoyed the Sandos if I had to choose I would go for the Rubicon.
It’s a bit far out but there’s a bus stop right outside
Another nice one is the Timanfaya Palace we’ve never stayed there but a friend has and said it’s lovely it’s also adult only
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
As much as I enjoyed the Sandos if I had to choose I would go for the Rubicon.
It’s a bit far out but there’s a bus stop right outside
Another nice one is the Timanfaya Palace we’ve never stayed there but a friend has and said it’s lovely it’s also adult only
We were booked into Rubicon Palace (after I did a lot of research) but sadly had to change to Rhodes when the Spain quarantine requirement came in a few months back. Hotel looks lovely. Def one for a future trip!

Also, I liked the look of Timanfaya Palace too, very nice, but unfortunately it hadn't reopened at the time we were due to go, if we had gone

Edited at 06:15 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We were booked into Rubicon Palace (after I did a lot of research) but sadly had to change to Rhodes when the Spain quarantine requirement came in a few months back. Hotel looks lovely. Def one for a future trip!

Also, I liked the look of Timanfaya Palace too, very nice, but unfortunately it hadn't reopened at the time we were due to go, if we had gone
I would recommend booking the Privilege upgrade it’s well worth the extra money if you do go in the future.