Co-op 8 9.64%
Mr Kipling 2 2.41%
Morrisons 14 16.87%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Nov 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

The pastry seems to be the same on most of them, well it was last year.
Unless you get the puff pastry baked in store ones 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
The pastry seems to be the same on most of them, well it was last year.
Unless you get the puff pastry baked in store ones 😉
Puff pastry doesn't sit well with us, or ma, thankfully mince pies are mainly shortcrust.

Aldi pastry wasn't thick, it was buttery and tasty, whole pie hit the remit, deep filled with a nice amount of mince/citrus, warmed up well, slid down with a dollop of double Elmlea
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Puff pastry doesn't sit well with us, or ma, thankfully mince pies are mainly shortcrust.

Aldi pastry wasn't thick, it was buttery and tasty, whole pie hit the remit, deep filled with a nice amount of mince/citrus, warmed up well, slid down with a dollop of double Elmlea
I'm not keen on puff pastry mince pies either Chris, yep you can't beat the shortcrust, .brandy butter on top for me 😋
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I'm not keen on puff pastry mince pies either Chris, yep you can't beat the shortcrust, .brandy butter on top for me 😋
My preference too Marian, hot mince pie and brandy butter, oh joy... so, the next add on to this thread will have to be who's selling the best brandy, or rum, butter vs the best recipe to home make!
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I've tried most of them now and still think Morrisons 'the best' are the best, to me anyway 👍
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Well I've tried most of them now and still think Morrisons 'the best' are the best, to me anyway 👍
Yo Robin's bint I did an online order with Iceland today, reviews on their all butter luxury mince pies are canny. Have £100 of groceries sitting in my Ocado account awaiting vulnerability slots (ma is 91), they're just not happening. I'll get free range/corn fed quality chicken elsewhere and likely order most other items from Iceland.

Spoke to ma today about brandy butter, she said Lidl's luxury is very good, may be worth trying.

Take care MM hin, stay well and take good care, best regards, Chris Same message to all other Dibbers, gan canny you lot
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Yo Robin's bint I did an online order with Iceland today, reviews on their all butter luxury mince pies are canny. Have £100 of groceries sitting in my Ocado account awaiting vulnerability slots (ma is 91), they're just not happening. I'll get free range/corn fed quality chicken elsewhere and likely order most other items from Iceland.

Spoke to ma today about brandy butter, she said Lidl's luxury is very good, may be worth trying.

Take care MM hin, stay well and take good care, best regards, Chris Same message to all other Dibbers, gan canny you lot
Thanks for the tip Chris, you crack me up 😂 Xx
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I voted for Iceland mince pies.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post

I voted for Iceland mince pies.
12 for £1.50 is very good
Old 10 Dec 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Yes - Iceland value
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List