Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Nov 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed at both. Although we really enjoyed BC as others have said we ended up with a poor view, forest! The room was also dated with the most old fashioned air conditioning unit ever.

We much prefer the ambience of BWV and have never had a bad room. We like the pool view rooms and just prefer the atmosphere around the hotel. We don't tend to sit around the larger pools so the quiet pools suit us. Out of the two we prefer BWV.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

These are all Boardwalk standard view.

That’s ground floor. View over the entrance. Very handy for bus stop / carpark and quiet pool.

I think this might be an upgrade but maybe not as it was right in the corner overlooking the pool. Usually standard view are on the other side of the corridor overlooking the entrance.

This is what happens if you ask for near lobby. It was very near the lobby but not a great view and a bit noisy.

Top floor. These are my favourite but hard to get as it’s a short corridor.

A bit of a shame about the tree for this one.

And our BCV view.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
So we are in the lovely position to be looking for a small dvc contract and have chosen the Crescent lake as our ideal location for this. I really want BCV due to the location, theme of resort, and SAB, however we are finding it hard to find the size of contract we would like. Occasionally we find something close to our 'ideal' at BWV but I am reluctant to give up on our BCV dream. Are we better to just go with BWV and enjoy the slightly lower price point? or do you think BCV are worth waiting for? I know lots of people on here love BW so I am wondering if there are some advantages to BW that we have not yet considered?
I vote for the Boardwalk simply because the price per point is less and the dues are almost identical. Plus my entire family loves the slide at the Boardwalk. Going to be interesting once the rehab is done on the clown slide.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Both superb but BWV gets our vote, not by much.

Better atmosphere and theming, we love it.

Better hotel management.

We actually prefer the pool at BWV.

As the Dr says, views at BWV. At BCV you can be looking at trees or a road. The pool, garden and Boardwalk views at BWV are all great, even the standard are very good for standard cheap points.

But biggest thing is the amazing standard view rooms at BWV which are difficult to get at 11 months. On the same contract that can be worth an extra night per year. Those rooms are best value DVC rooms on property.

This is a Boardwalk standard view in this video below (a 2 bed lock off so a 1 bed and adjoining studio). Get one ‘Opposite tennis court’ where this is and you have a decent view, quite far from lobby but good view and there’s stairwells that come out by the gym, opposite bus stop and the path to HWS- superb!

Rooms internally are very similar in layout and decorative standard ( were refurbed a few years ago)

Edited at 09:57 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Definitely BCV for us. The one time we stayed at BWV we had a very old fashioned room (accessible) overlooking the main pool. It was extremely noisy in the afternoon with pool games. It was also a long walk from the car park. The hotel and pool felt extremely open with everyone walking around.

BCV is a favourite of ours, the separate building is more secluded and intimate. We usually overlook the DVC pool which is normally quiet. The main pool whilst not suitable for everyone is policed extremely well for just Resort guests.
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think you were unlucky to get a room where you could hear pool games. That would disappoint me too but I genuinely haven’t experienced this. In fact we have rarely seen the pool games.

It can be a long walk from the carpark depending on which wing you are in. The standard view rooms are closer to the carpark.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Both are close to each other anyway and you can easily enjoy both. I own at BWV, love the vibe there, in evenings I often spend an hour in the YC at the Crew club lounge, its a short 10 min walk around the lake to get home.

BWV has slightly higher fees and of course, the pool is not as big as BC, but In the years I have been a member I have never dipped a toe in the pool.

The Standard view rooms are a great value point wise, but you often have to book at 11 months as they do go quickly.
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Neither is 'best', they're both amazing places to stay, it's all down to personal preference & being picky. For us we far prefer the atmosphere at BCV, It has a more laid back feeling where BWV feels more 'austere', we like the separate building, the quieter DVC pool & the less 'open' feeling the resort has.

We've only ever stayed at BWV when we've wanted to save points but not compromise on location.

Ultimately I'd be more than happy in either, but would always choose BCV, hence owning there.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 09:07 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Such a lot of love for the BW on here, I now feel more comfortable putting in an offer on a contract there. I know a few of you mentioned difficulty getting a standard view at 11 months, is this true for 1 beds or mostly an issue with studios?.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely love BWV. Not sure how many separate stays we’ve had, maybe ten or so. Only two at BCV.

We prefer the theme at BWV and find there are less kids around (which may be a downside if you have little ones, ours loved all the children their age when we first visited!).

Both times our BCV room condition and the view was disappointing (once so much so they moved us to YC for a week which was brilliant!)

Stormalong Bay is brilliant at BCV though

With BCV points you’d likely get into BWV at 7 months mostly as there are so many rooms.

As BWV owners you would be able to book the super value standard view rooms more often than at seven months.

Both options are great but I’d go for BWV but my preferences may be different to yours.