Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Nov 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Glitterglam
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Animal Kingdon

Hi all - I've stayed at Kidani Village before but wondered if the next time we should try Jambo House so interested in people's views of the differences between the two. Thanks!
Glitterglam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

We stayed in Kidani but have to say I think I would choose Jambo next time for the food court and locality generally.
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in Jambo House on our last trip and LOVED it. Haven't stayed at Kidani yet and we didn't even get around to visiting it! We had a standard view studio but to our surprise it did have a savannah view and it was right off the lobby, so the second we stepped outside we saw all the magnificence of that lobby. It was handy being so close to the Mara too (we didn't do any sit-down meals, only QS), and my husband loved the gym. Photos and details of our 3 AKL nights are in my most recent trip report linked in my signature, if that helps! I'm sure Kidani would be lovely too, but I'd def try and book Jambo House again first if I had the choice!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I enjoy them both but probably err towards Kidani. Jambo has more of a hotel feel about it, whereas Kidani is a DVC building, so no grand lobby, much quieter.

I like the underground parking at Kidani, as we always traveled in August school holidays, it was nice to not get into a car that had been sitting in the sun!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've stayed at Jambo house DVC, they've had their rooms refurbished last year so feel a lot brighter than they once did. Hotel wise parking was a bit of a walk some nights and the corridor noise seemed louder than some of the other disney hotels we're stayed at but the resort but the activities at the resort for kids was the best we've experienced.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
We stayed in Jambo House on our last trip and LOVED it. Haven't stayed at Kidani yet and we didn't even get around to visiting it! We had a standard view studio but to our surprise it did have a savannah view and it was right off the lobby, so the second we stepped outside we saw all the magnificence of that lobby. It was handy being so close to the Mara too (we didn't do any sit-down meals, only QS), and my husband loved the gym. Photos and details of our 3 AKL nights are in my most recent trip report linked in my signature, if that helps! I'm sure Kidani would be lovely too, but I'd def try and book Jambo House again first if I had the choice!
Can I ask, how did you get the room that opens onto the lobby? Did you request this yourself? And can I ask what room number it was please? Was this DVC or direct booking for regular guests? Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Can I ask, how did you get the room that opens onto the lobby? Did you request this yourself? And can I ask what room number it was please? Was this DVC or direct booking for regular guests? Thank you
We had booked a DVC Standard View studio (with rented points), and from browsing the Touring Plans website I knew some of the Standard View have partial Savannah views, so that's what I requested - to be specific, I requested room 5203, and we were given room 5206, so very close to my original request and it had the same free Savannah view! I didn't even know these rooms opened straight onto the amazing Lobby, I was only interested in the Savannah view haha.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I prefer kidani for the pool, parking, buses and slightly bigger rooms but Jambo for the quick serve and lobby. You will enjoy either so maybe try something different. The kidani pool is out of action at some point next year which would be the deciding factor if it was me.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List