Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
That sounds too good to be true, hopefully someone with the correct knowledge could confirm that. I think that would be very tempting for me to book as now looking at 2022
See my previous post - although the date of 20 Oct 21 was no doubt the dates flights were available and bookable by when the T & Cs were applied.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
See my previous post - although the date of 20 Oct 21 was no doubt the dates flights were available and bookable by when the T & Cs were applied.

Jill
Hi, sorry I find all this really confusing.

It states for open tickets you can use as credit to rebook upto dec 2022
So if i book now at 50% off in reward sale. Im assuming I cant just rebook a premium seat for same amount of miles to go in 2022, with nothing extra to pay.

also I assume if you book a reward seat now with 50%off and thn change to an open ticket to use in 2022, there may not be reward seats available for the rough dates you want? Sorry as you can see im very confused - never used miles before ( we have around 60000 each)
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 02:32 PM.
ELLENUT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
cyclops

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Hi, sorry I find all this really confusing.

It states for open tickets you can use as credit to rebook upto dec 2022

Have you already got an open ticket which was booked with miles?

So if i book now at 50% off in reward sale. Im assuming I cant just rebook a premium seat for same amount of miles to go in 2022, with nothing extra to pay.

If you make a new booking now, at the 50% off reward sale, you can change the booking date but you have to travel by 20 October 2021. As I said before, this date could be extended but that's the T & Cs now. As always there has to be reward availability for your new dates

also I assume if you book a reward seat now with 50%off and thn change to an open ticket to use in 2022, there may not be reward seats available for the rough dates you want? Sorry as you can see im very confused - never used miles before ( we have around 60000 each)
It would only be an open ticket if the flight booking was cancelled by Virgin, not cancelled or amended by you

HTH
Jill

Edited at 03:48 PM.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
It would only be an open ticket if the flight booking was cancelled by Virgin, not cancelled or amended by you

HTH
Jill
Thanks, that makes more sense lol! Such a good deal on miles bookings but not really looking to go next year
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
figment
Earning My Ears

I’m not so sure. Ts and Cs here state:

This policy applies to all ticket types (including those that would normally be non-changeable) and all booking classes (including Economy Light) on all routes in Virgin Atlantic’s international network, and for tickets booked with us on our codeshare flights including on partners Delta, Air France and KLM. Your flight number will begin with the letters "VS". It also includes Flying Club redemption bookings.

flywith.virginatlantic/g...cy.html#policy

I’ve asked the question to Virgin via WhatsApp so hopefully I’ll get a definitive answer for us.

From what I read, I could book with miles now at 50% reduction then complete the required form to bank those flights for use up until December 2022.
figment is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
T & Cs specific to the 50% reward bookings copied and pasted below

Save 50% when you pay with points - Reward Flight Sale Terms and Conditions

Members do not need to register for this offer. To be eligible for 50% off the required points for a Reward Flight, Members must book through virginatlantic.com or via our contact centre.

Flights must be both operated by Virgin Atlantic and marketed by Virgin Atlantic (flight number starts with VS) to be applicable for the discount. Codeshare flights are excluded from this offer. 

Travel booked and completed in all cabins will be eligible for the discount.

Applicable for Reward Flights booked and tickets issued between 23rd November – 30th November 2020, for travel between 23rd November 2020 – 20 October 2021.

In the case of flight cancellations by Virgin Atlantic, the 50% offer will apply to a rebooking for the same cabin and route, for travel by 20 October 2021.

Reward flights are subject to availability and full taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges apply and are not discounted.

Jill
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
figment
Earning My Ears

Yes. That’s why it’s so confusing. There is policy on that page as you quote yet also policy at the top for flexible bookings. The headline policy is flexible booking but the specifics are contradictory.
figment is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Originally Posted by figment View Post
Yes. That’s why it’s so confusing. There is policy on that page as you quote yet also policy at the top for flexible bookings. The headline policy is flexible booking but the specifics are contradictory.
I understand what you're saying and it's not unusual for the site to be contradictory. However, as I re-booked 2 reward tickets (to save miles), I booked with caution and if those are the rules I can live with them.

In my previous post I also stated that I thought the date could be extended. My thought is that the date of 20 Oct 21 could have been used because that's the latest date that flights were bookable, i.e. 11 months before travel, when the t&c's were added.

I think it could be a really difficult situation if, for example, flights don't start again until, say August/September. There will be an awful lot of people who would have had to cancel/change their bookings and not have enough miles to book 'like for like'

Let us know if you get a response with clarification. If you don't hear anything I have a direct email address I can use but don't like to bother him unless it's urgent.

Jill
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bandofox
Helping Mickey

I’m really frustrated with VA. I don’t have time to sit on hold so used the text service but they have not replied in 48 hours. Looks like I won’t be able to do the upgrade to upper. Very disappointed in them.
bandofox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Well I’ve given in, booked Upper Class to Orlando for September next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List