Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Moving With Sky

Does anyone know if you use Sky Home Move whether they tie you into a new contract once you've moved?

We only have 3 months left with our Sky TV package and then we planned to cancel it. I don't want to be tied in for 12 more months after moving, when we actually planned to cancel sky TV at the end of February.

However Sky are offering a free home move setup which seems sensible to take in case we decide to get sky back in the future, knowing everything is setup at the new address.]

But as I say I don't want a new contract with them.

Thanks
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My daughter had to sign a new contract with them. They wanted to moved away from sky but ended up going with them again as their move service was very good, all set up within days so very little interuption.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We moved 18 months ago and still havent changed our address. We just bought a new dish from Amazon and installed it ourselves. Sky box just worked once dish was lined up correctly.
The reason we didnt change address is that we thought there might be better deals for "new" customers. And we didnt want a new contract at that stage.
This was TV only, no BB/phone.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I called to arrange a move last year and could have maintained my contract, but they offered me such a good deal on a new contract that I signed up. I had no plans to leave though, so made sense for me to take the offer.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

No if you keep your TV package exactly as is then the contract just continues to term end .
The home move team will obviously suggest recontracts (often the contract has run out and with it the offers so it’s not a bad thing) but you don’t have to accept it. Just make sure you are signed up to the (free ) Sky VIP to get the free home move.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Yes - I recently moved home and moved my same package and it was a new contract (no possibly to retain ) so I made some changes to it and even reduced the price drastically and upgraded but it was impossible to move it without renewing it as a sky VIP customer. Bottom line i have got more for less £ so very happy - Virgin are withdrawing service around here so my options were limited
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Yes - I recently moved home and moved my same package and it was a new contract (no possibly to retain ) so I made some changes to it and even reduced the price drastically and upgraded but it was impossible to move it without renewing it as a sky VIP customer. Bottom line i have got more for less £ so very happy - Virgin are withdrawing service around here so my options were limited
Hmm , I know you ended up with a better deal so a happy ending but had you wished you could have retained your TV contract as was .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I recently moved and got the sky vip deal to move for free. Our package was about to end so we would have been phoning to negotiate a better deal anyway. We are now paying about £10 less for a better package and faster broadband. I didn’t check if the new area has Virgin or not, at the moment I prefer sky but would look to cancel if I didn’t get a reasonable deal and just use freeview, Netflix or Amazon fire stick.
Old 29 Nov 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I recently moved and got the sky vip deal to move for free. Our package was about to end so we would have been phoning to negotiate a better deal anyway. We are now paying about £10 less for a better package and faster broadband. I didn’t check if the new area has Virgin or not, at the moment I prefer sky but would look to cancel if I didn’t get a reasonable deal and just use freeview, Netflix or Amazon fire stick.
Basically same for me - no option to retain current contract as that is what I asked but bottom line is I got same as you initially - eneded up better deal so very happy Sky VIP Black/Diamond customer for another 12 months

(I dont do sports or film channels so a cheap TV customer !)

Edited at 07:15 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Sounds like it could be a bit of a lottery as to whether I’ll be asked to take a new contract or not!
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List