Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack Reacher
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile About to book, what do you think?

Been online with virgin and have managed to get the following:
5 adults 2 children split over 3 rooms at Rosen plaza, including dodge caravan 7 seate with fully Inc insurance travelling 15th May 2019 for 14 nights, v room thrown in for £6795.
What's people's thoughts? Online price was £7855 so a hefty discount applied.
Jack Reacher is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have no idea on holiday prices but flying on the 15th May out of Gatwick for a 2 week period on VA is £506.76p per adult on todays prices.

The car with VA is £577.50p for a 7 seater fully insured and 2 drivers

The rest I leave to you. Best of luck.

Edit. Can you DIY the Rosen for less than £3700?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 03:03 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I think it is expensive, rather than a 3 rooms in a hotel wouldn't it be cheaper to get a villa? or even a 3 bed apt at a hotel?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I would look at other tour operators to compare prices. Rosen Inn is a fairly common hotel so you could see what other operators prices are.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have no idea on holiday prices but flying on the 15th May out of Gatwick for a 2 week period on VA is £506.76p per adult on todays prices.

The car with VA is £577.50p for a 7 seater fully insured and 2 drivers

The rest I leave to you. Best of luck.

Edit. Can you DIY the Rosen for less than £3700?
Based on what mr tom morrow has priced up for you here I would think you could get a really nice 5 bed villa and still have money left over
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Does this price include park tickets? For 7 people, you're likely looking at over 10k by the end. To me, that is really expensive!
Old 10 Jul 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would break down the components into a diy and then decide whether the price is good.
Flights (already done by Mr Morrow.
Car hire (likewise)
Rosen Plaza for your dates on netflights, I can get a room for 2 adults and 2 children for £839, so book it 3 times = 2517 that is without any deeper research, looking at cashbacks etc etc.
I wouldn't get excited either way on the V Room

In summary, I believe the price is too high. I would do your own research through Google flights, Expedia, Trivago, Skyscanner etc , print it off and then invite your TA to either match or beat it. Mr Morrow and I beat your price by £1200 without even drawing breath. I feel sure that you could improve on that.

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:20 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

It's not the Rosen Inn ... it's the Rosen Plaza. We stayed here in April and it's a nice hotel I would, however, be tempted to either change to an apartment in Vista Cay if you want to stay up I Drive or change to a villa or Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa if you are doing Disney.

Like Mr Tom says above - £3700 will buy you a lot of accommodation and I think that's overpriced, even, for the Plaza which you can generally get for around £75-£90 per night per room
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
It's not the Rosen Inn ... it's the Rosen Plaza. We stayed here in April and it's a nice hotel I would, however, be tempted to either change to an apartment in Vista Cay if you want to stay up I Drive or change to a villa or Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa if you are doing Disney.

Like Mr Tom says above - £3700 will buy you a lot of accommodation and I think that's overpriced, even, for the Plaza which you can generally get for around £75-£90 per night per room
Apologies. That research was on the Rosen Plaza. I have amended my post accordingly.. I would, with 5 adults and 2 children plus a desire for a car, be searching for a Villa in any case in order to drive the accommodation costs further.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There isn't going to to be a lot of room for your luggage in a 7 seater assuming everyone has hold cases plus some hand luggage.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List