Notices

Old 14 Oct 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, day 12. O‘hanas Breakfast, naps and Epcot. 10th September 2019

We both woke up just before the 6:45 alarm, we are both flagging a bit today at 12 days in, I think if we were here for 2 weeks we would have forced ourselves to up our game but we decided that we would have a slower day today. No fast passes had been booked, I had deliberately left the day free when planning and we would decide to go where ever the wind takes us.

We caught the bus to MK at 8am and jumped on the monorail to the poly for our O'hanas breakfast adr.

The Poly had a slightly more relaxed feel today compared to our last visit, we checked in at the podium and took a seat near the bar to wait for our name to be called, it was only a short wait before we were shown to our table.

You're given the pineapple coconut bread as you take a seat and I dived straight in before remembering to take a photo, it's so nice, its very similar to brioche.

The fruit platter was delicious and I was pleased to see they Disney have recovered from the grape shortage.
Another family style 'all you care to eat' skillet was delivered to the table, once again we looked around to see who was joining us, true to form we only managed to eat half. Our server was great and she fussed over us and her other tables.

We said hello to Lilo, Stitch and Mickey as it would be rude not too...

This was a lovely leisurely breakfast and we stayed here till about 10:30 and didn't feel rushed at all, we are coming back here for dinner later in the week so are really looking forward to this as today was such a lovely and relaxing experience.

We took a bus from the poly to Animal kingdom as we still weren't sure what the plans for today would be and AK is close to 'home' we grabbed a large drink each and sat watching the world by for and hour or so before deciding we would have a pool day as we could both do with a rest.

We took the 5 minute journey back to AKL, went to our room to get changed and ended up falling asleep for a few hours, we have never done this before! Talk about lightweights! We both felt so much better when we woke up so we must have needed it.

When Disney announced the Eat to the Beat concerts, I noticed that a young singer called Lauren Daigle was included in the line up. I first heard her when this soulful voice popped up on a random Spotify playlist, at first I thought that I was hearing a song I didn't know by Adele as her voice is so similar and she sings beautifully. That's when I discovered Lauren Daigle and started listening to her Album, on further investigation it turns out that she is a young Christian singer, I don't have a religious bone in my body! Christian music aside, her voice is amazing!
So it just so happens that Lauren is in tonight's line up so off we went to Epcot to catch her 5:30 show.

Stopped at Canada first to spend some snack credits and tried to recreate our meal from Le Cellier, soup was lovely, but not enough bread to mop it all up and it was a little hard., The steak was over cooked and just not the same, I wouldn't have been very happy had we paid oop for this as it wasn't cheap.

We decided to be lazy and hopped on the friendship boat from Canada to Morocco, used some snack credits on a funnel cake and a drink each and then grabbed a seat in the America Gardens Theatre roughly 45 minutes before Lauren was due on stage, it was packed!
We thoroughly enjoyed it, she was on stage for about 40 minutes and there was a really good atmosphere.

We took a bus back to AKL about 6:45 and had dinner at the Mara, I chose the Turkey and avocado club sandwich (which was lovely) and John had the crispy chicken sandwich, we also picked up a Zebra and Flamingo cake to have with our coffee later, the flamingo cake was delicious, moist and gingery, turns out it's plant based, didn't think much of the Zebra cup cake though, it was a bit sickly and quite dry.
For a lazy day we still managed to walk 17,924 steps!

Upping our game tomorrow as we have a full day at MK

Old 14 Oct 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 14 Oct 19 3:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List