Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Gatwick South Lounges

Hello

Flying with BA Edinburgh to Gatwick then onwards to MCO, however we have a 5 hour wait in Gatwick. Thought we could spend 3 hours of this in a lounge. No1 lounge looks lovely, My lounge is cheaper but mixed reviews - has anyone experience of both, which do you prefer? DD is 7 so Clubroom isn’t an option
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

From memory no1 was a much nicer environment than the my lounge, with better food options. This is the one I will be booking for October (all be it for the north terminal)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I use No 1 at Heathrow and MyLounge at Gatwick South.
MyLounge is a bit more casual but I hate the hemmed in feeling at airports so their our door terrace seals the deal for me (Only the South terminal one has it) .
We’ve paid £13 pp with tastecard plus this year including premium security , it’s probably the biggest bargain of the holiday as we would easily pay that and more for breakfast and a couple of coffees even without adding the free booze into the calculation (we fly too early for me to even think about alcohol )
No 1 tends to be busier , but it’s bigger (and noisier but not awful) , No 1 also services the “free lounge” deals like Dragon card so has many more walk ups on the day.
Overall I just want a bit of sanity and a base right by the duty free and bottomless coffee and a couple of pastries ...oh and decent WiFi so MyLounge works for me .More food choices at No 1 but my lounge was adequate and for me not worth the extra for just three hours.
As a company I was impressed with them when I rang the day before to switch from MyLounge Gatwick to No 1 Heathrow as I’d moved flights last minute that they moved the booking at no charge even though No 1 Heathrow was dearer (I expected to pay more or even pay again)

Edited at 12:22 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We used my lounge last year and it was fine- I find gatwick very busy so it was quite nice to be in a quieter environment.
We are using it again this week
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have booked my lounge for next week. I too was hesitant, but we chose it for lots of the reasons Duchy mentioned. I think we will prefer a more relaxed atmosphere and nice to be able to go outside on the terrace. I will try and get back to you op and let you know how it was.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Can you smoke in the lounges please?
Old 8 Feb 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Thank you all, I think I will go research discount codes etc and book up, swaying towards My lounge now
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
Can you smoke in the lounges please?
Not in the lounges no ... A small part of the MyLounge terrace outside allows smoking . It doesn’t seem to impact on the rest of the terrace as it’s at the far end furthest from the door.
We met two different people who had paid £30 (the walk up charge) just to have a cigarette, madness !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Thank you all, I think I will go research discount codes etc and book up, swaying towards My lounge now
Groupon and tastecard plus are good places to start .
I also got a good rate from Norwegian even though we weren’t flying with them , just sign up for their Flyer’s club first (no need for a flight reservation).

Aim at £13 (including premium security) that’s what we are paying in August this year , we only booked it last month.

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Old 14 Feb 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Groupon and tastecard plus are good places to start .
I also got a good rate from Norwegian even though we weren’t flying with them , just sign up for their Flyer’s club first (no need for a flight reservation).

Aim at £13 (including premium security) that’s what we are paying in August this year , we only booked it last month.
Do you mind me asking where you found this price? The cheapest I can find is £24 per adult just for the My Lounge
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List