Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Mar 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I believe it will run until approx Sept 19th, a change in DVC "seasons" being my reasoning as they have just "invented" a new season on the lowest points from 1-19 Sept.
DDP used to be offered at the Mods but I'd be very surprised if they go "backwards" & obviously I could be very wrong but IMO there's no way they are giving DDP+ away for free for the simple reason that they don't need to. This year is supposedly the "gap" year, all the new rides are slated to be open for next year & if they have to "heavily" discount to get guests to book then they have seriously gotten their figures wrong & are in big trouble!
SD
Good idea and could be correct but doubt DVC seasons have any impact on cash guest offers. DVC busyness is often counter to cash busyness. I think they just added the season to balance the specific DVC problem better.
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsCupcake View Post
I think the deal will be roughly the same as last year. I don't think they'll be including the new DDP+ plan.
If anything I'm expecting there will possibly be more restrictions on dates/rooms types as its a big anniversary year and they will be hoping that will fill the resorts regardless.
I'm thinking they may offer ddp+ as an upgrade option?I don't think it will be offered for free
I'm also thinking there is a chance they will drop 1 of the 2 snack credits as each year the current plan seems to get a little less value for money.
I wouldn't be surprised if they reduce the free gift card either
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
If anything I'm expecting there will possibly be more restrictions on dates/rooms types as its a big anniversary year and they will be hoping that will fill the resorts regardless.
I'm thinking they may offer ddp+ as an upgrade option?I don't think it will be offered for free
I'm also thinking there is a chance they will drop 1 of the 2 snack credits as each year the current plan seems to get a little less value for money.
I wouldn't be surprised if they reduce the free gift card either
I wouldn't say that's exactly true about less value. The plan has been as it was for several years and not changed for the worse. Alcohol has been introduced, free breakfast at Values which was not part of the free dining and also last year an extra $100 on top of the $200 gift card was given for early bookings with Disney.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I wouldn't say that's exactly true about less value. The plan has been as it was for several years and not changed for the worse. Alcohol has been introduced, free breakfast at Values which was not part of the free dining and also last year an extra $100 on top of the $200 gift card was given for early bookings with Disney.
over the years what you get seems to be less and less there were some huge changes -they changed from getting ddp at mods to qs and stops apps being including on ddp.
Might not seem big they changed to not getting a dessert with your qs meal - yes you got a snack credits instead but you still lost the snack credit you already had(which had already been dropped to 1 from 2 before that) previously so it not a stretch to see them reducing it 1 a day.
They have introduce alcohol on the plan but the cost has gone up and its only a benefit if you drink.

also they are now enforcing the kids must eat off the kids menu so they are def looking at cost cutting measures
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Anyone else thinking of putting 2021 on hold? Didn’t want to put a separate post on this as I feel so bad for the people booked for now and didn’t want to offend them. It was already going to be busy and now with people rebooking from this year it will be even more so now. I’d planned on booking on release but feel very much now that I will wait and see what’s going on especially as I’m self employed. Any money I’d saved might be going to cover loss of earnings if the worst comes to the worst.

Edited at 08:36 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm still planning on our 2021 trip, we're looking at August and I'm confident things will be stable by then. I think rebookers will be cancelled out by those finding themselves unable to go due to adverse economics. I'm in an extremely privileged position in terms of stable employment and exposure to the inevitable recession.
In 2008 we were hit very hard, its going to be difficult for a lot of people.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
I'm still planning on our 2021 trip, we're looking at August and I'm confident things will be stable by then. I think rebookers will be cancelled out by those finding themselves unable to go due to adverse economics. I'm in an extremely privileged position in terms of stable employment and exposure to the inevitable recession.
In 2008 we were hit very hard, its going to be difficult for a lot of people.
We are looking at July/August. I guess I'm more worried about work
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am having doubts too- we are planning May 2021 which is when I imagine a lot of the rebookers will be going due to cancelling this April/ May. I just think it will be crazy busy across the board, we were planning to do the new dining plan plus but wondering if it's pointless if it's going to be so busy that all the decent ADRs will be gone instantly

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

plus there is the economic side, who knows if we will still have a job next year after all this has died down

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

All bets are off now. This could result in a long term downturn in travel even after its gone, and they could be throwing dining plans out like smarties. Alternately it could be packed with pent up demand.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List