Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile Hagrid queue

Hope you knowledgeable people can help me out. We are visiting universal for the first time at the end of April and really want to ride Hagrid. We will have express passes, so I was wondering when would be best to fit it in? Do they close the line early so that it stops running late or do they let you in line right until park closing?

We could either try to do it first thing, last thing or maybe during the day. We are doing both parks in one day.

Thanks for your help 😊
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

According to TP it is best to go first thing in the morning.
It is a risk to leave it until later in the day. When we were there the ride closed at 7pm which was 2 hrs before park closing.
It is the best ride in Universal. One not to be missed.

Edited at 11:41 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Do the Express passes work with Hagrids?
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Currently no express pass. There was supposed to be a virtual line but I don't think that has happened either.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
Hope you knowledgeable people can help me out. We are visiting universal for the first time at the end of April and really want to ride Hagrid. We will have express passes, so I was wondering when would be best to fit it in? Do they close the line early so that it stops running late or do they let you in line right until park closing?

We could either try to do it first thing, last thing or maybe during the day. We are doing both parks in one day.

Thanks for your help 😊
We went back in November and we rode it once at the beginning of the day. We started to queue at the park entrance at 7am (crazy i know, husband was desperate to ride) park opened at 9am. Everyone basically sprinted to Hagrid's (not us mind you, we just walked and still got to within spitting distance of the front), which was not even running yet (technical difficulties). We got almost to the front of the queue but then had to wait another hour before the ride started running. From getting to the turnstiles and then queuing and riding the ride, the whole process was about 3 hours long. Fully worth the wait in my opinion. My only wish was that it had been warmer! Was a very cold day and i was not dressed appropriately!

On the other hand, we were there a couple of days later, and the posted wait time on the app at 2.45pm (they were closing the ride daily at 3pm) was 45 mins, so we hopped in the queue and even with a brief period of tech difficulties, we were off within 1 hour.
As the wait was so low at that time, they had kept the queue open, so could have queued again if we had wanted to.

Personally I would try and ride first thing, that way you should definitely get to ride. However, if it is your 2nd/3rd time riding, maybe head back later in the day to see what the wait time is like.
We were constantly checking the app to see what the wait time was, so would recommend also keeping a look out on there.

Edited at 06:19 PM.
Zellotape is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

First thing

We got to the entrance at 8:45 (for 9am walking) and had ridden it by 9:45. I refuse to run at rope drop but did walk fast and overtake quite a few people. This was the Saturday before Christmas
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We can't deal with the early morning scrum anymore, we used to do it years ago. We did Hagrid's twice in November and both times right in the middle of the day about 1 or 2 pm.

Set an alert on the app to let you know when the line drops to a time you are happy with; we set it at 75 minutes. Both times we were on and off in 40-45 minutes.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

I vote for going first thing!
We went in September so crowds weren't too crazy - the park opened at 9, we were outside at 8:30 and actually went to Jurassic Park first (we had it to ourselves, it was hilarious) then went over and joined the queue by about 9:20 - it was 2 hours exactly from joining the queue to getting off the ride, the wait time was posted at about 3 hours when we got to the entrance of the ride.
It was the only thing the whole trip we would wait that long for again, it's a great ride!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I think I will monitor the wait times over the next few months to see how the queue times are doing. First thing is probably best, but its good to know that we should still be able to ride if we get in line at lunchtime.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Couldn't tell you what the queue even looked like! Out there for a whole month & it wasn't open long enough to queue! Time of the bee problem so it was only open for a few hours & from about 1 onwards with queues hitting 3 hours plus & then closing early!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List