Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Virgin plane change today and tomorrow

We plan on nipping over to Manchester Saturday morning and hope to nip for a coffee at the airport pub hopefully just in time to see the MCO flight take off get us all giddy for our flight next month. I’ve just been on to virgin app to check the times at the moment and I noticed that today and tomorrow flight are classed as a airbus not the jumbo. I know they plan on replacing them soon but this is earlier than I hoped especially as I have the bubble booked again in March for quick exit when we arrive. Would be gutted if I get to airport and have to be at the back of a plane or split up.
Does anyone have any idea why the flights today and tomorrow would be airbus and why it still says our is a jumbo come March.
Has anyone arrived at airport to be told the plane has changed? Or did people get email before hand. I know the aircraft could change cos of issues etc but would like to know if I’m not going to benefit from my bubble seats
[APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/101925/984bef5caccbfa.jpg[
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
All down to passenger load. I spotted the VS27 out of LGW was an Airbus one day a few weeks ago.
Not usual but does happen.

Cabbie will know more I suspect.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s been common for a number of years now for some MAN-MCO flights to be an Airbus around this time of year. One of the 747s is in Xiamen right now for its maintenance check so perhaps they are a 747 short.

I have just had a look on flightmapper and it has been an Airbus every Wednesday and Thursday for the past few weeks. Should be all 747s from next week.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the response guys really appreciate it. We fly on a Thursday but not till 17th March so hopefully it will be the 747 then.
Thanks again.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We’re on tomorrow’s flight. It has been the airbus since we did Seat selection (which we did as soon as it was available). The flight is full though, so not sure if it is down to numbers.
We’re flying back on a Boeing though- and that is not full.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
Thanks for the response guys really appreciate it. We fly on a Thursday but not till 17th March so hopefully it will be the 747 then.
Thanks again.
17th March is a Tuesday, not a Thursday. Celebrating Paddies day too early?🍺🍺🍺🥴🥴🥴👍👍👍

Edited at 12:21 AM.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Steve (Cabbie) gave the heads up late last year that some Jan/early Feb Man to MCO flights were aboard the A330-200. PE pax who've paid for the larger seat may be disappointed as seat width is 17.7" vs the 747's 21".
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by headpin View Post
17th March is a Tuesday, not a Thursday. Celebrating Paddies day too early?🍺🍺🍺🥴🥴🥴👍👍👍
Ha ha I meant the 19th. I got my dates mixed up. As I’m also flying out to San Fran later in the year on the 17th.

Cheers everyone for the information allows me to relax knowing it’s still a possibility I’m on the 747 with the seats I’ve booked.
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Happened to us in November 2018, got to LGW had bubble booked, only to be told we had been moved to the back of the plane as the plane had changed.
They told us it was a last min change due to tech error with original aircraft.
With regards to paying for the bubble and not getting it, I spoke with the agents at the desk and they managed to swap us from the back of the plane to Econ Delight with no extra charge. They also didnt put up a fight about it, they just did it. I think this was because the flight wasnt full. However would expect more issues if the flight was full.
We were also told that we could claim back the £75 we had paid for the bubble, however seeing as we had been moved to the Econ delight seats, we didnt bother.
Old 6 Feb 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TIMCSS
Excited about Disney

These are not the replacement aircraft for the 747's. They are the airbus A350-1000's which are due to start being delivered towards the end of the year.

These are just fleet aircraft which are a couple of years old now and standard practice to replace the 747 if they expect low booking numbers of maintenance.
TIMCSS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List