Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm actually not doing anything until this lot settles down.

It can only go two ways - blow over quite quickly.

The gloom and doomsters are right - by which time we will have traversed into some kind of hell on earth.

Until the way becomes clear I'm just going to stand back and watch ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We were always intending to go end of August this year and I booked our flights last week. Disney hotel already booked. I’m fully prepared that there’s a chance we may have to cancel (or it gets cancelled), Disney will be refunded so it’s just the flights that we may lose (booked with virgin so would be able to transfer flights, even if it’s a long weekend in New York later in the year).

As long as we’re covered medically whilst we’re there with our natwest annual policy I’m not bothered about not being covered for the cost of the holiday.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm in the same boat, booked to go 13th September when free dining came out last year. I've booked the hotel direct with Disney but haven't booked my flights yet but am thinking of doing so. Staysure have told me my insurance covers Coronavirus. Tomorrow is my ADR day and I'm going to book Hoop de Doo if there's availability!
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We have 2 weeks at the end of November, and I booked the flights for this a couple of weeks ago. Hoping all will be back to a relative kind of normal by then. We've lost 5 days in Disneyland Paris, we were due to go 2 weeks today, and a much coveted gig by Evanescence (I've had to wait 15 years for them to tour at a time when we weren't on holiday!), and I am definitely not worrying about our WDW trip at the end of this year - yet …….
Old 16 Mar 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Virgin at the weekend said they are on hold for new bookings and changes as the people affected this month will be offered the available places later this year first and proceeding weeks following accordingly.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

OH and I apparently live on the edge. We booked the weekend just gone for the end of September. We needed something to look forward to and if we aren’t able to go by then I think we will have much bigger worries on our hands. We are going to rise it out until the balance is due and see how things look then. That will be the start of July.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Just going to hang fire now. It’s too uncertain and I’m happy to wait. Just waiting to see what’s round the corner for us all. 🙄🙈
Luckily I can go last Minute too , even with work so it’s bettter for me to deal with it that way. Texas will still be there.
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m booked for October, so holding off at the moment. Almost feel like not destined as have only just received our ATOL payment for same holiday after TC went under.
We received our tickets for the park on the day they announced they were all closing. If you don’t laugh you cry!
But, this could all be over by then and my thoughts are with those already there or were about to fly out for their holidays.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

We are booked for mid August. Flights, Villa and park tickets all booked separately.

We are holding out in the vain hope it will all be done with by then. Theres not a lot else we can do now anyway as flight companies etc are dealing with those who are due to fly out sooner and the ban is currently only for the rest of the month, although I fully expect that to be extended.

August is a bit of a way off yet so fingers crossed we make it.
Old 17 Mar 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked (Flights & Villa) through BA due to fly out 1st July, So far only paid a deposit for holiday and Disney tickets, with the balance due end of April. For now, I'm just holding on, but I'm concerned nearer the time whether to pay the balance only then for the holiday to be cancelled. Fingers crossed the worst is over by the summer and we get to go Orlando.

Feel really sorry for those who are booked to go in the next few weeks
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List