Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nyck
Getting Excited

nyck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Got the E-mail today inviting me to transfer my booking into Cash-points
Im booked to go 26th September , previously you could only do this for flights upto 21st August but has now been updated to flight 1st sept - 30th Nov
Im guessing but maybe not ? these will be the next batch of flights they will be cancelling
But im going to hold out for the Refund , if not a 2 week beach holiday in Florida

full details below
Conditions

This is a limited offer due to COVID-19 and is only valid for LowFare, LowFare+ and Premium tickets for flights to/from US, South America and Thailand for passengers with outbound or inbound flights from 1 September to 30 November 2020.
Conditions are subject to change and conditions published at the time you submit your claim will apply
The entire booking must be cancelled more than 6 hours before scheduled departure time.
The value of the ticket will be provided as travel credit in CashPoints (1 Norwegian Krone = 1 CashPoint).
CashPoints can be used as credit towards Norwegian bookings.
CashPoints are valid for redemption up to and including 31 December 2021 for travel (including return flight) up to and including 31 October 2022.
CashPoints will be issued to one Norwegian Reward account per booking.
CashPoints will be issued to the person who made the booking via their Norwegian Reward account.
If you did not add a Norwegian Reward account at the time of booking or you do not have a Norwegian Reward account, you will be asked to provide this information or sign up after you have submitted your claim.
nyck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This will be interesting as to how long the refund process will take. We only put our claim in on the 10th, so will have to see how long it takes.

We've quickly knocked up a replacement holiday plan, with us travelling across France and Spain. Channel Tunnel booked, hotels booked, Portaventura booked.

Will be spending a fraction of what we would've done going to Florida, but despite spending years touring France, we're going to totally new places to us... so we've got something to look forward to again.

Suspect the US will become too pricey for us in the years to come.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm sure this has been reported elsewhere on The DIBB... but I'm guessing despite optimism from some UK airlines, trips to the US are not going to be happening for some time.

I thought Norwegian were being overly cautious grounding planes into 2021, but maybe not so.

Sorry I can't post the link to the Faucci story, but he's saying the EU air ban will remain in place for months to come.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
I'm sure this has been reported elsewhere on The DIBB... but I'm guessing despite optimism from some UK airlines, trips to the US are not going to be happening for some time.

I thought Norwegian were being overly cautious grounding planes into 2021, but maybe not so.

Sorry I can't post the link to the Faucci story, but he's saying the EU air ban will remain in place for months to come.
I think that is more about the USA saving face. The reality is the EU and Britain are not going to be welcoming USA citizens without enforcing a 14 day quarantine for a very long time given what a terrible job they are doing.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I applied for refund on March 16th and they refunded me around mid May. They are doing refunds so if you want one hold out for one.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I've just got an email from Norweigen saying they have processed my ticket refund request and the funds will be returned as soon as possible.

I'll keep you updated with how long this takes.. judging by what I've read on other websites the email is an indication that I get my money back pretty soon. If that's the case I'm delighted with the speed!

We Shall see

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Uptonspark
Excited about Disney

Uptonspark's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
I've just got an email from Norweigen saying they have processed my ticket refund request and the funds will be returned as soon as possible.

I'll keep you updated with how long this takes.. judging by what I've read on other websites the email is an indication that I get my money back pretty soon. If that's the case I'm delighted with the speed!

We Shall see
Same here, now I suppose the waiting game starts.
Uptonspark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Yep I also got it.

I also see they completely ignored my request to cancel and refund my return flight as well.
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Uptonspark
Excited about Disney

Uptonspark's Reviews
Mobile

neilhd, when were you due to travel? We were out on 12th July and returning 30th. Just thinking that maybe you are later than that and your return flights are out of their "refund zone" at the mo.
Uptonspark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

Meant to be travelling with NA on 3rd Sept, not heard a thing from travel agent ! Last we heard a couple of weeks ago it was still scheduled ? Got Airport Travel and hotel the night before in Gatwick booked. Just wish we were told. Our holiday was originally booked with Thomas Cook so its been a problem all along ! Still we are all healthy so there are worse things.
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List