Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Please help cheer me up... UK holidays

Morning all.

Feeling sorry for myself today ( can't woman up)
Just cancelled the 3rd holiday abroad for this year and fed up Florida and Lanzarote x2
We've booked Devon instead for next month, it's not the same though 😢

I know it probably sounds really selfish of me going on about holidays when other people have some terrible problems going on in their lives...

So I'd like to know who's going on a UK holiday in the next couple of months and what you're planning to do etc.,
I need cheering up and some inspiration for our trip because we're going to miss sitting in the sun at the bar and meeting up with
regular holiday friends we meet twice a year in Lanzarote... 😘

Edited at 11:02 AM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I feel your pain and I want you to know that as a dibb family we are here to support each other through the good and bad times. My male menopause symptoms are playing up today and I keep crying when I see myself naked (which is quite a lot).

Devon will be nice next month because the kids will be back at school and it will be nice and quiet.

I hope that helps.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

There is a UK holiday forum section that may help you 👍🤞🏻

Here is a link

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Edited at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added link
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes we away for 14 days in 3 weeks I know what you mean about foreign holidays but in there’s times you have to make the best of a bad thing. Me and my partner are going to Cardiff at the end of thee month for 4 nights bank holiday Monday we go to Bristol cat cafe we went last year and loved it. We then go to Liverpool for 5 nights we doing Liverpool cat cafe the liver building the car an club a ferry and a few other things we then go to London for 5 nights we doing London zoo and the cable cars but we got Luther things planed but not booked. We where ment to be going to vegas on the 7 of September but of course that was cancelled all being well we use the voucher we get back to go to Las Vegas next year maybe for more nights instead of 10 we do 14.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
There is a UK holiday forum section that may help you 👍🤞🏻
I never realised that, I expect it will become quite popular now, off to look it over 👍
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I never realised that, I expect it will become quite popular now, off to look it over 👍
I only found it recently too - but yes some great tips there

megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've been hiring a big cottage/house during October half term for the past few years and it's lovely. We've been to some lovely places including Padstow, North Wales and Mevagissey. Weather hasn't always been great but we've enjoyed spending time together - there are 10 of us and a dog from 4 households. We do things like playing board games around the dining table (the kids love this), taking it in turns to cook our specialty for dinner, day trips and walking down to the pub to sample the local ales or ciders.

ETA - we book a supermarket shop to be delivered on the first evening. Saves time traipsing around the shops and means we have a very well stocked kitchen and treat drawer.

Edited at 11:18 AM.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I only found it recently too - but yes some great tips there

I found it and thought I had probably posted on it as well as I had spoken about Weymouth a little while back, that thread isn't there so this forum must have been added fairly recently.
It's going to come in handy that's for sure😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m going nowhere now that’s really sad! I would enjoy walks along the beach, cream teas and pub lunches. I would walk along the cliffs (and hope I don’t jump off) that’s a joke I’m sure it will be lovely, when we take dd to Southampton if she gets in we could have a night away maybe!
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm actually really looking forward to my trip to the jurassic coast. Need a break and happy to go in the UK as the sun and heat I put up with in holiday but can do without.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List