Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile Tui Flight Only Price - Your Thoughts

Morning Dibbers. So we are going back to the magic next September for 2 weeks flying out Sept 4th. Villa has been booked since before CV19 and now we are looking at flights. We are remaining cautiously optimistic that we will get there! No one has crystal ball so we are trying to be positive and have something to focus on.

I understand all the issues about booking in the current climate so lets just leave that bit there.

A couple of days ago I found direct flights with Tui from Newcastle which is our closest Airport for £677 each. Thats with luggage and seat choice. This is considerably more than we usually spend per person. The last couple of trips have been under £500 each with TC.

Our choices up north are very limited this year. Virgin flights from Glasgow are either 13 or 17 days which doesnt work for us.

Manchester is the next best thing but that involves an overnight stay and 2 rooms. Our sons are grown up and need a twin room.

Part of me wants to wait and see what prices Virgin come out with, although they seem very expensive at the minute and another part of me is saying just book Tui and never look again.

So my question is would you book the Tui flights? I seem to think its an ok price for Newcastle... its always expensive to fly from there. Dh isnt so keen. Plus he prefers flying into MCO. Alamo skip the counter is brilliant there.

And also whats Sanford Airport like for car hire collection these days. The last time we got there and the queue was huge then they ran out of cars and we had to wait. DH was not happy!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

When I last flew into Sanford, I was in the car in no time. Walked over the road into office no que then straight out to parking lot to pick up car. I enjoy flying to Sanford. More easy going, less stress. Security at MCO is always horrible.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I think that’s not a bad price from Newcastle inc luggage. For the convenience of it being local and if you take off the extra costs to get elsewhere it would be Worth it to me. I like Tui (although they are very strict on luggage allowance ) and Sanford is a dream For immigration compared to MCO
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Options from northern England are both limited and expensive. We’ve just booked a TUI flight from Manchester for August 2021 & are keeping our fingers crossed. It was almost half the price of Virgin and although Newcastle would have been more convenient the dates fitted in better from Manchester. It’s now disappeared from TUI’s website! Hopefully that means it’s fully booked & not pulled. We find getting to LHR or LGW much less convenient as I’m unwilling to drive back home afterwards whilst jet-lagged & have used the trains which involve changes.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I think that’s not a bad price from Newcastle inc luggage. For the convenience of it being local and if you take off the extra costs to get elsewhere it would be Worth it to me. I like Tui (although they are very strict on luggage allowance ) and Sanford is a dream For immigration compared to MCO
Its a shame the luggage allowance is a big light at 20kg but we will manage. Ill just have to be strict in the malls! Plus your right about immigration at mco. We have had both good and bad experiences there.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Options from northern England are both limited and expensive. We’ve just booked a TUI flight from Manchester for August 2021 & are keeping our fingers crossed. It was almost half the price of Virgin and although Newcastle would have been more convenient the dates fitted in better from Manchester. It’s now disappeared from TUI’s website! Hopefully that means it’s fully booked & not pulled. We find getting to LHR or LGW much less convenient as I’m unwilling to drive back home afterwards whilst jet-lagged & have used the trains which involve changes.
Since the collapse of TC flights this end of the country have been greatly reduced. We dont like the hassle of going to LHR or LGW either. Its not to bad on the way out but awful on the return leg.
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
When I last flew into Sanford, I was in the car in no time. Walked over the road into office no que then straight out to parking lot to pick up car. I enjoy flying to Sanford. More easy going, less stress. Security at MCO is always horrible.
Thats good to hear. I'm working on DH now and this info is backing up my case!
Old 4 Oct 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Would you consider flying with BA ? think they might be doing NCL to MCO via Heathrow next year. We find it easier than the Manchester route and overnight stay. Sanford is fine, the airport is small but we have always got through far quicker than Orlando or Miami. There is a lot to be said for direct flights from Newcastle.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
Its a shame the luggage allowance is a big light at 20kg but we will manage. Ill just have to be strict in the malls! Plus your right about immigration at mco. We have had both good and bad experiences there.
It’s possible to book extra baggage when you book. We usually wait though, after booking you can buy extra baggage for the return journey only (this is what we do). We buy an extra 5kg each and take a small case inside a larger one. The weight per bag can’t exceed 23kg so we split our return baggage across all three cases.
Old 4 Oct 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

We like flying TUI into Sanford...much easier than MCO. We have never waited in line for a car...always walked straight in & within a few minutes we are on our way...you must have just been really unlucky the last time. We've booked for July from Manchester which is our closest airport...we saw a price we were happy with (given that it's always so expensive) they came in £300pp cheaper than Virgin for the same deal incl luggage so we went ahead & booked. As you say though I haven't looked again & I won't...it's not worth the misery if they drop in price