Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Some really sad and horrendous stories of bullying I don’t think people realise the long term effects, I am 65 and like others have confidence issues always worrying about what others think about me, I come over as very confident, but inside a nervous wreck. I never have recovered mentally from my dd bullying, its like you against the world trying to prove its going on, I do not regret a thing I did to protect her and would do it all over again, at times behaving like a mad woman. I am happy to say she has grown into a woman I am very proud to call my daughter
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Yes for a short spell in secondary school but we moved areas so after a few weeks it ended, she was older than myself and would threaten to beat me up on the bus on the way home, fortunately my friends older sister looked out for me and walked me home off the bus. Unfortunately, my mom told me to deal with it, although for my whole life, up until her death my mom emotionally bullied me.
Then in the work place. I’m a TA and I worked with a horrid vile teacher who thought she was above me. She made my life difficult every day and even tried to bully my son..but I soon stamped this out. She still works in school now and moves year groups often as she doesn’t gel with anyone. This has made me confident I wasn’t the problem, she was, so now I funshine her and go out of my way to be over the top smiley, saying hello etc...the best bit is I can she she hates it especially when she has to be nice back in front of others. Although she did get me back during our staff secret Santa. It was dropped she had my name out the hat and each week in December we’re asked to do something that makes your recipient smile. As she clearly doesn’t like me I had...an opened nivea lip balm, an open tia Maria sample and then a half used free gift No7 gift set!

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
Yes for a short spell in secondary school but we moved areas so after a few weeks it ended, she was older than myself and would threaten to beat me up on the bus on the way home, fortunately my friends older sister looked out for me and walked me home off the bus. Unfortunately, my mom told me to deal with it, although for my whole life, up until her death my mom emotionally bullied me.
Then in the work place. I’m a TA and I worked with a horrid vile teacher who thought she was above me. She made my life difficult every day and even tried to bully my son..but I soon stamped this out. She still works in school now and moves year groups often as she doesn’t gel with anyone. This has made me confident I wasn’t the problem, she was, so now I funshine her and go out of my way to be over the top smiley, saying hello etc...the best bit is I can she she hates it especially when she has to be nice back in front of others. Although she did get me back during our staff secret Santa. It was dropped she had my name out the hat and each week in December we’re asked to do something that makes your recipient smile. As she clearly doesn’t like me I had...an opened nivea lip balm, an open tia Maria sample and then a half used free gift No7 gift set!
Omg what a horrible person she is 😠
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I was bullied a fair bit at school, a combination of being fat, fairly bright, perceived to be "posh" (I wasn't) and a father who was the housing officer (eg 'rent collector') for the estate we lived on wasn't the best combination.

The worst one was when I was in the first year of secondary school, a boy in my class deliberately tripped me up and broke my ankle, he got into trouble and his sister in the 5th year then targeted me and made my life hell for the rest of the year.
She and her friends regularly followed me home, taunting and yelling at me, at one point they pushed me into the road in front of a car. They also cornered me in the changing rooms on sports day and pushed me in the shower and turned it on. This went on until she left school, 6 months of hell.

As an adult I've had 2 or 3 groups of friends who have 'decided' my face doesn't fit and I've been frozen out. I'm sure they wouldn't consider it bullying but it's some of the most hurtful and damaging forms in my experience.

It's really interesting that so many have experienced bullying but I'm sure very few people would think that they might have ever bullied others.
My daughter was also pushed into the road at senior school. She had a terrible time and neither the head nor teachers would believe it was happening. During one meeting, a teacher knocked on the door and asked if he could contribute to the meeting. He said he had hidden behind a bush during one break and had witnessed the bullying first hand. They didn’t believe him either! It took the courage of one of the bullies to go against her friends and talk to the school counsellor and admit what they had been doing before anything was done. By then they were in the last year and it was too late for my daughter to pull anything out of the bag, education wise. She went to college and got a couple of GCSEs and then became a nursing cadet. She’s doing ok but I still blame those girls for ruining her future.

I, myself, was bullied at primary school and even now, at 60 if I walk past a group of people laughing, I assume they’re laughing at me. It really does have a lifelong affect.
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I was bullied by 3 guys when I was 16. They were absolutely vile in their language towards me and this went on until they left school (they were Xmas leavers due to late birthdays). It really changed me from a confident outgoing person to someone who would rather stay in the background. This affected me for years until we had a school reunion and I met two of them and they couldn’t of been more friendly towards me although I avoided the incidents and the feeling of resentment finally went. I was also bullied at work by a colleague but I plucked up the courage to report it and went through a bullying and harassment investigation and it was found in my favour but I will never forgive her for what she made me feel like. She is the only person I have ever truly said that I hate and meant it.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Yes, at high school for being quiet and studious, and by my neighbours when I late teens/early 20s for being a goth. Had abuse from three households so houses either side and one next door but one. I couldn't even walk down the street without being shouted at.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I have never been bullied so have been very lucky. However, although I would not class myself as a bully, one of the girls at school who was very overweight was bullied constantly and I and my friends never ever stood up for her. I guess we were just not confident in ourselves, and did not want to be the next “victim”, but it is something I very much regret.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My kids have been bullied, mostly my two sons. My oldest boy had loads of year 7s not speak to him but a few refused to join in and stuck up for him! They pushed him in the pampas grass and fluffed him, it sounds funny but he was crying at 11. He grew and became friends with some of them, when he moved to Canada they were at leaving drinks. We went to the pub and they were all really friendly and nice, I was so tempted to say so which one of you little s#its fluffed him and said he had crusty hair but I thought I’d better not! He was 28 and they were buying him drinks and they all turned into pretty decent lads.
Old 4 Nov 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Twice.

At nursery when I was 4. A boy called Geoffrey with ginger hair used to watch me all day & follow me to the toilet and look under the door. In the end I stopped going to the loo at school and waited until I was home😢

My last year at work, with a different boss. He seemed to resent the fact I knew more about our work than he did. He accused me of not telling him things (actual accusation was that I treated him as a mushroom - kept him in the dark and fed him 💩💩💩 ). Every day there was something he wasn’t happy about even though he didn’t have a clue. He made my life very difficult until I had time off sick with depression.

I raised a grievance and he was demoted, moved to a “project” where he stayed until he retired.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I was severely bullied at work, damaged beyond repair and lost my career. Classed as an Industrial accident ( very high profile career )

I came to an agreement with the pension fund on behalf of the dept and they have to pay me for the rest of my life. As I was 48 at the time, the payment over time amounts to millions-longer I live, more they pay ! Serves them right. Cant say anymore.