Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Please can you pm me which groups and what has happened. Strongly considering cutting losses if there are issues.
Better still name the groups so we can all see what you mean .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I don’t use FB so I’d also be interested. Based on the very positive comments about EA on the DIBB I was going to look at them for our next trip - not so sure now
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t do anything now. Who knows what the situation will be in 10 months time.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I don’t use FB so I’d also be interested. Based on the very positive comments about EA on the DIBB I was going to look at them for our next trip - not so sure now
Choice between Dibb first hand reports about a company carries more weight than a second hand report from unnamed Facebook groups for me.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I’m assuming you are incurring amendment fees as you are deciding to move your holiday so far in advance. Like the others have said, i’d hang on until you have to pay any more, at that point (if things are no better) then they might allow you to move it for free.
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Personally I would sit tight. We were also hoping for the DDP, however we have now bought DVC points so we can have small breakfast in the morning. There are also many cheap places to eat on a budget within Disney area.
I think the ammendment fees are awful. Attraction tickets direct have totally changed our holiday from the following with no fee.
We had Cabana bay and portofinio hotel changed to Hard rock, with no fee. Disney CSR taken off totally and redcuced the Hard rock fee with the deposit we paid.
So we are now going with Hard rock Universal, and we staying dvc villa and contemporary. ATD also informed us we could move to 2020, if things have not settled down, however hopfully by Feb next year we will be getting back to some normallity.
Can I add your TA have had great reviews on here and other forums. Some had a change of holiday with no fee, so I'm not sure why you have?

Edited at 12:36 PM.
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Choice between Dibb first hand reports about a company carries more weight than a second hand report from unnamed Facebook groups for me.
I agree, I have read this poster posting similar posts before and Ever After have actually asked for substansiation but it hasn't been forthcoming.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Ever After have a really bad reputation on the FB groups I belong to. So I'd cut my losses now before paying out more money to them. If you decide you still want to go, you could always book with someone else at a later date.
Hi Donald Fan,

this is the 4th time since June that you repeatedly mentioned us having a really bad reputation on facebook?

You usually mention refunds, which customers have had within 7-14 days (or earlier) on one of our ATOL packages.

Can you please advise me which Facebook groups you are referring to?

You seem hell bent on trying to say things about us when we have managed the last 12 months considerably well given the circumstances.

I can only think you probably work in the trade or have some ties of some sort to try and damage our reputation which doesn't reflect in any way what you repeatedly mention.

We have gone above and beyond for our amazing customers and complied to the package travel regulations throughout...

I never see you mention other tour operators ...

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Originally due to go 2020, we have paid £950 to our TA as a deposit, that includes £250 amendment fee from moving our holiday from August 2020 to August 2021. Now looking at how much our holiday has changed- no fp, no free dining, no longer at Pofq-they want to move us but we said no, no character meets, no shows etc on top of all the covid risks and restrictions. The holiday is not what we planned, booked or want. With two autistic children these changes will not work. We could pay another £250 to Ever After in amendment fees to move to 2022 in hope that some normality resumes but prices will no doubt go up and we might not be able to afford or we lose the £950 we have paid? I doubt insurance will pay out.
What would you do?

HomeAway/villa are fab- said can move to 2022 no fee or just refund us £600 deposit.
Thank you

Hey TC Devon,

I don't know your booking details and obviously don't want to/cant discuss individual's bookings over social media however what I can advise you is that in normal circumstances, we have our OWN admin fees, which we are currently not charging and have not for a while.

Any admin fees incurred come from suppliers involved in bookings, not us.

For example, Disney will usually charge us a admin fee to move year from year. Obviously this year commercial terms have 'hokey pokeyd' back and forth constantly so you may have amended when they were still charging or you moved from 2019 to 2020/2020 to 2021, and its the same for other airlines and suppliers too, which we do pass on.

So say for example you had a holiday booked for 2019 and moved to 2020 there would of been an amend fee. For 2020 to 2021 depending on when you amended there would of been a fee to suppliers, and we would say if you had 2021 booked and want to move to 2022 there would normally be a fee to suppliers to move.

With regards to you mentioning £250 in amend fees to move to 2022, first of all Walt Disney World is not currently on sale for those dates yet, so its impossible for us to even confirm if there will be admin fees, we will have just advised you what they usually are, but we are in unusual circumstances, so one of our questions when Disney release 2022 will be can they waiver amend fees year on year for guests who wish not to go in 2021.

When 2022 goes on sale, we will know if suppliers are charging to amend... but we won't be charging our own amend fees. So until that point we don't know and can't confirm.

I hope the team have been helpful I know we have been easily contactable and we will be throughout Lockdown 2!

August 2021 is still a long time away, so I would just hang tight

Should you need anything else please give us a call

Thank you

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
I’m incredibly surprised to hear this. I‘ve only ever heard positive experiences, and this includes my own. My understanding is that they were very quick to refund people and were also very good during the Thomas Cook collapse.
So are we!

This user has been repeatedly making allegations about us since the Summer!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected