Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Nov 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I do think being able to leave the immediate area will help a lot of us who are anxious - I try and go for walks in Cardiff but it is busy and stressful, I would much rather go somewhere quite and secluded in the Vale, and I am sure that is safer for everyone too!

Good on you for going to a supermarket... I have not been in one since March! Also, going just into the garden is OK - it gets you some air and sunlight and then you can build it up to short walks.

We will find out at lunchtime what Drakeford has in store for us from next week and then at least we can plan. Hugs back to you, we can do this!
Our area, Torfaen, is such a small area there are so few areas to just walk and the few there are tend to be very busy now as so many need to use them. I agree that if we could travel further we could walk without there being so many others around, and feel more relaxed than we do now.

I guess we will soon find out what’s in store for us. 💞
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Our area, Torfaen, is such a small area there are so few areas to just walk and the few there are tend to be very busy now as so many need to use them. I agree that if we could travel further we could walk without there being so many others around, and feel more relaxed than we do now.

I guess we will soon find out what’s in store for us. 💞
Good news from the lunchtime announcement as far as I am concerned - from Monday we can both travel to quieter places for a walk!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Good news from the lunchtime announcement as far as I am concerned - from Monday we can both travel to quieter places for a walk!
Yes it’s generally good news, it also means we can see our son again as he also lives in Wales. I’m still feeling down that I can’t see DD but I’ve chatted to her and we both feel she’s got more to gain by staying where she is, and it’s the right thing to do to keep to the rules so it’s just something we have to deal with.

I do hope we have some dry weather to go for a few nice walks in the fresh air though as that’s definitely going to be good for our mental health
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

One day at a time, that's what I find helps...

If the weather is fit, get out for some fresh air and be kind to yourselves, we're all allowed to struggle in these difficult times but do know that it will not last forever and we just have to remind ourselves that better days are on the way even if we do have to wait a while...

Be patient and kind with yourselves.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Try to keep smiling lovelies 💕😘Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
One day at a time, that's what I find helps...

If the weather is fit, get out for some fresh air and be kind to yourselves, we're all allowed to struggle in these difficult times but do know that it will not last forever and we just have to remind ourselves that better days are on the way even if we do have to wait a while...

Be patient and kind with yourselves.

Ali x
Thank you Ali, I’m trying to do just that. I enjoy card making which relaxes me and enjoy cooking (and eating which isn’t too good for the weight) and try to use my time keeping busy. The weather is supposed to improve later this week and the fact that we can travel a little more in Wales from next week again will help too.

It’s hard times for all of us, and some days are harder than others but there has to be those better days ahead 💞 Love and hugs to you and your family too 🤗 💕
Old 2 Nov 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I find getting out in the open air really helps and seeing the sunshine.

Its often the most simple things in life that have the most profound effect upon you

Stay safe everyone

Disney332
Old 2 Nov 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I find getting out in the open air really helps and seeing the sunshine.

Its often the most simple things in life that have the most profound effect upon you

Stay safe everyone

Disney332
I agree, a good walk outside definitely blows the cobwebs away. The wind's been so strong here today it's totally cleared my head, I came in looking like a scarecrow 😂

Edited at 06:06 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
So I contacted the company that I had an interview with two weeks ago to see if there was any update. The manager replied saying that they had revoked the job offer as a member of staff that was due to retire, has decided not to retire, therefor there is no longer a job available... oh okay. I am gutted, it was a receptionist job, something I've always wanted, oh well.
I’ve applied for so many jobs up to now and that was the only interview I had. I’m desperately searching for ways to make money online at the moment, but I’m taking the day off to drown my sorrows in something strong. I know there’s people going through worse and I need to pull myself out of this, but with no job, no holidays, no days out because we are tier 3, no meals out because I’m not working, everything just feels pointless and bleak.
That’s such a shame - maybe take the positive though - you must have done a good application to get as far as interview this time - look back at what you put in the application and re-use where you can for future similar roles. Good luck with your search and hope you feel better soon

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

KirI, I have tried to pm you, I too am a carer, you can pm me anytime, I am a full time carer for my Dh.

Del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List