Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Recommend cordless hoover

My cordless dyson has just died ( despite resuscitation a couple of times previously) I think this time ,its a gonner.

Can you recommend a cordless hoover for me?
My home has wooden floors and we have a Labrador so based on that info, let me know what I should choose
Old 14 Nov 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We have all solid floors and looked at Dyson and Shark. We felt the Dyson V10 was the best for us. The problem we found with the Shark on hard floors was as you move the head forward and backwards, the Shark didnt perform well when pulling backwards. We have friends have the Shark and they find the same. I think there is an issue with the design of the head.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I have always had a Dyson but got a shark this time and i love mine . The head on mine twists and I have carpet and hard floors. Did get a free pet tool which I gave to someone as we don’t have pets . Have other family members that have sharks too.
I think it’s one of those things there is no answer to which is better just what is personal choice ..

Edited at 01:55 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have purchased Dyson vacuum products for years until we bought an 06 Cordless. It was utter garbage and then began cutting out on us, despite being fully charged. We purchased a Shark Cordless.

We absolutely love it. We have a mixture of hard and soft floors, but don’t even bother changing the setting on it. We leave it on ‘carpet’ all the time. Charge on it is more than enough for our whole 4 bedroom house to be done thoroughly.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:05 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Bosch athlet 25.2
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’ve been researching these recently.

I narrowed it down to the Miele TriFlex Pro and the Dyson V11 Absolute.

I think I will buy the Miele for various reasons, but both look great and are recommended by Which.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I recently replaced a Dyson pet model for a Shark pet model, I don’t recall exactly what it is, but definitely ones designed to cope with pet hair.

I have found the Shark to be very effective and I like that it comes with two battery packs, the one charge on the Dyson was never quite enough to do the whole house which was annoying.

Things I don’t like about it though are that it is very heavy to push around and it is quite tiring doing the whole house without a rest somewhere along the line. Also it has blocked a few times and we have had to pull it apart and use implements to pull out perfectly compacted tubes of dog hair and whatever else it has picked up.

Overall the cons out weigh the pros and I wouldn’t buy a Shark if I had my time over.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

I've got a baby Dyson and love it but my sister was showing me her shark on the video chat and I have to admit it looks great ( yes we are an exciting bunch when we get on that video chat)
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Thanks guys
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We have a Shark Cordless, which is much better than our previous Dyson Cordless.

But we also have a Shark corded liftaway, and that has much more suction and is much better than our Shark Cordless.

The Shark Cordless is good for a quick flick over with a hoover, but the corded picks up a lot more.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List