Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Nov 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Ironically growing up where she did and from old Grantham photos she was used to Hunter wellies, Barbour jackets and head squares so she would have known how to dress (that was a huge American slip up) together with tipping staff at Balmoral - her Grandmother was housekeeper at Belton House (and there lies another tale about who fathered her mother but thats another thread and she may well have royal blood in her as she knew (Lord Brownlow leant her Belton silver when she became Prime Minster as No 10 didnt have anything “suitable”) and there is no way Dennis would have offered a tip to servants - again that was for the American audience I am sure
She may not have expected to have to go galumphing around the Moors after a poor stag tho. 😂
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
She may not have expected to have to go galumphing around the Moors after a poor stag tho. 😂

Poor stag - I didn’t like that bit
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We’re up to episode 3, really enjoying it, but we’ve both said during this episode that we can see why Megan as an older, more confident woman wouldn’t stand for all that nonsense (tradition) Diana being trained by her grandmother was painful to watch, think GA is great as Maggie x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
We’re up to episode 3, really enjoying it, but we’ve both said during this episode that we can see why Megan as an older, more confident woman wouldn’t stand for all that nonsense (tradition) Diana being trained by her grandmother was painful to watch, think GA is great as Maggie x
I think that Diana as an aristocrat, a Lady, whose father was equerry to the queen and equerry to her father the previous king not to mention her grandmother being lady in waiting to the queen mum, would have known the etiquette and pecking order behind curtsies etc, yet more dramatic licence.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
I think that Diana as an aristocrat, a Lady, whose father was equerry to the queen and equerry to her father the previous king not to mention her grandmother being lady in waiting to the queen mum, would have known the etiquette and pecking order behind curtsies etc, yet more dramatic licence.
I don’t think so, it was talked about at the time that she was staying at Clarence House so the Queen Mother could instruct her. I think it was exaggerated as I agree she’d have some knowledge but I do believe she was “coached” before her marriage in the etiquette of being a royal .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t think so, it was talked about at the time that she was staying at Clarence House so the Queen Mother could instruct her. I think it was exaggerated as I agree she’d have some knowledge but I do believe she was “coached” before her marriage in the etiquette of being a royal .
Oh definitely coached in somethings of how to actually BE a royal, but the basics she would have known she did move in those circles they knew her and her family, they lived in a cottage at Sandringham. She wasn’t a complete no nothing like Ms Markle.
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wonder if she thought they were less formal when they were just family though?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I wonder if she thought they were less formal when they were just family though?
As far as I’m aware the curtsying is done to the queen and senior royals even by family the first time they meet each day.
If I know that I’m sure she did lol
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Poor stag - I didn’t like that bit
I had to fast forward past the stag scenes!
Such a magnificent beast!
I didn't manage to avoid the bit where his head was brought in and hung on the wall
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
As far as I’m aware the curtsying is done to the queen and senior royals even by family the first time they meet each day.
If I know that I’m sure she did lol
Now you see I only learnt that when there was all that fuss at the Church for Meghan's first Christmas.

I always loved that reunion of Diana and the boys in Britannia when she just runs to them with her arms open, no formality just a mum.