Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

Flex Plus Ticket Option ATD Deposit

I have one question.

If i buy tickets for Disney at ATD know with the Flex Plus Cover and the Option to pay only the Deposit.

Is it possible to cancel and get the Deposit back or is the 25 per Ticket lost?

Thank you

Oliver
DigitalOlli is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Hi Oliver

Be careful! I got caught out on this! We decided to cancel our April 2021 booking this week due to the uncertainty and I’ve had to have major surgery.

When I booked tickets with Attraction tickets direct (ATD) I looked at the cancellation policy table which showed 0% cancellation charge if you buy the highest ‘Flex-Plus’.

Great I thought. BUT! read the very small print under the table... ’the refund paid will be price of the equivalent standard ticket (your ticket price minus the flex-plus excess).’

Firstly, I don’t remember seeing anything on their site about how much a ‘flex-plus excess’ would be? And secondly, why do they make this part so small writing yet have a table showing 0% really clearly? Just show 0% then in bold next to it ‘minus flex-plus excess of £24 per ticket!

To sum up, flex-plus is an insurance & therefore carry’s an excess.

Deposit paid per ticket £25
Excess charge per ticket £24
Refunded to me = £1 per ticket

Cheers ATD
Old 2 Dec 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

I specifically asked when I paid the deposit and added the flex-plus insurance this question and was told it would only be the £18 per ticket insurance that I would lose. I will have to call and check again with them
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Let us know how you get on JoB! I’m in same boat, if refunded I would expect to loose the cost for flex plus but no more.

Very poor if you loose a further sum of money, we would have been better off just doing deposit in that case!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Let us know how you get on JoB! I’m in same boat, if refunded I would expect to loose the cost for flex plus but no more.

Very poor if you loose a further sum of money, we would have been better off just doing deposit in that case!
Planning on calling them tomorrow. Will let you know what they say
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

I guess excess charged could be based on the ticket cost? I paid deposit only for 4x Disney & universal combo tickets with flexi plus so lost £96 in flexi plus excess fees. I understand the charge now but just wish it was more clear on their site as I would’ve just waited and bought the tickets last minute instead
Old 3 Dec 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

I called this morning and ATD again confirmed I would only lose the Flex-plus cost that was £18 per person when I booked if I cancelled, there is no excess charge. There is an amendment fee on the website, maybe that's what you were charged? Might be worth calling them and checking you were charged correctly?

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Old 3 Dec 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Sounds like pretty paid the deposit option on flex plus tickets. The additional cost of the tickets with the flex plus option has eating up most of the deposit.

I guess it’s for those who can only pay a deposit at this time and are keen to lock in a price but if doing flex plus you might aswell pay those whole lot so you can pick your days as you’ll lose the same amount regardless of you cancel.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I sent a request to ATD on the 15/11 requesting cancellation. Not heard anything yet, even though I have followed this up.

I have paid £25 per ticket to date and chose to add the flex-plus insurance. As a result I expect a refund of £1 per ticket. As I have chosen to cancel these, I am using the insurance I took.

Therefore I would not expect any more refund than the £1 per ticket. In their terms and conditions, there is no mention of an excess which means they cannot charge one.

Saying "’the refund paid will be price of the equivalent standard ticket (your ticket price minus the flex-plus excess)" is not entirely accurate because there is no excess.

As an example, you chose to pay an insurance of £24 per ticket on a ticket price of £500. You paid in full, meaning you have paid £524. You exercise your right to cancel, you would receive a refund of £500, which is the full amount of the ticket, however £24 less than you paid because the difference is the insurance which is non-refundable. Likewise, rather than paying the full £524 you only pay a £25 deposit. You would be entitled to a £1 refund.

attractiontickets/en...eft-protection

Edited at 08:56 PM.
thealienwarrior is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

i paid £73 for the flexplus and deposit of £325 which is £25 per ticket so i would expext to lose the £73 only and not the deposit of £325
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List