Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We always book the Premier Inn on Airport Way. I got four rooms in January for £32.50 per room for our trip next month. We are doing the meal deal this time s well. Dinner and brekkie the next day.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The Hilton do a good all you can eat buffet dinner and breakfast the next day...

Gets you in the mood for usa

Disney332
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
It’s £79 right now!
I’ve booked it on a pay on arrival price so can cancel any time and if it drops in price I can always cancel and re book
I don’t shop at Tesco so no points sadly.
We will be flying ba I can’t remember which terminal they are.
In two days time (presuming you are staying 9th Aug), the non-flex rate will be released and it should be £50
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
In two days time (presuming you are staying 9th Aug), the non-flex rate will be released and it should be £50
Yes will be 9th August! Thankyou will keep an eye out and will cancel and rebook!
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We used the premier inn at Gatwick North when we went (4 weeks ago 😢&#128557
We caught the train, arrived in the train station at Gatwick South at 16.00 and used BA's twilight check in to drop our suitcases. We then caught the shuttle to North terminal and checked in to our room. We caught the shuttle back for dinner at Giraffe in Gatwick South. So so easy. We really enjoyed it.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I get the train to Gatwick and stay at Premier Inn North Terminal - in fact I've just checked in on line for my stay there on Sunday night! I did it last year and it's really easy on the train. The train goes into the railway station at South Terminal and you just hop on the monorail to North Terminal and make your way to the hotel from there - it's a couple of minutes walk.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thankyou all, sounds like premier inn is a good choice then!
We have stayed in premier inns before so know what to expect and we have always had good stays in them, might get to try the breakfast this time as we don’t fly until 1 something haha we missed breakfast in Edinburgh last time and was gutted.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
This is interesting - what's the formula for when the non-flex rates are released?

I've got a flex room booked for DD on 12th Aug, so based on your advice re 9th, would I be right in thinking I need to check on 18th?
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
This is interesting - what's the formula for when the non-flex rates are released?

I've got a flex room booked for DD on 12th Aug, so based on your advice re 9th, would I be right in thinking I need to check on 18th?
The flex rates are released a year in advance. The non-flex rates then get released about 329 days before. Today the non-flex rate for 8th August 2020 was released so yes, I think that your date should be released on 18th September. I think your non-flex rate will be £54.50
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Harley234
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I’ve always used the holiday inn, they have free shuttle buses to the airport & parking.