Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jan 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nicbev
Apprentice Imagineer

how many days will we need in Disney parks?

in early stages of planning for Aug 2021. It will be 4 years since we last visited, we are 2 adults and a 14 year old thrill seeking roller coaster lover. We will be visiting Universal parks too.
is this a rough estimate?
1 Day MK
2 Days HS
1 Day Epcot
1 day AK
half / one day Water park
half / one day other water park. depends on storms at lunchtime onwards so plan is to hit water park first thing then maybe a park in the afternoon/evening and stay for fireworks.
planning on the shopping outlets and florida mall too.
i know there are new rides opening in 2021 hopefully will be open by the summer.
Many thanks for any advice.
nicbev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

how much time do you "need" ... depends on what you want to do and your priorities

the real question is "how many days can you afford" or willing to spend in the parks.

it seems like your question is one of those "is that enough time"

well that's enough time to cover the basics, and will probably be enough as it's not your first time

but 6 days for disney, it's quite short in my opinion

Edited at 04:56 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I thought exactly the same as chmurf when I read the thread title but before reading the thread. There is no such thing as "need" in this context; it is for you to choose how much time you wish to spend at the parks.

If this is the time you think you can allocate to Disney, then go for it and do what you can. One thing I would say, if you are short on time, is maybe just do one of the water parks, I am not sure they are different enough to need to do both (not different to the extent that the themes parks differ from each other anyway).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Cannot add to the above replies but Florida Mall?, I hear its a shadow of its former self. The outlets at Vineland are our new preferred having been regular FM visitors.

Disney332
Old 17 Jan 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I think you need 2 days to cover Magic Kingdom, unless you plan to do park opening to closing.

We would do 2 days, an ‘early’ arriving 9-10am until 5-6pm, and then a late from 1-2pm until park closing for the Fireworks.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

If your 14 year old is a roller coaster lover are you visiting Seaworld and Busch Gardens as they have some great coasters !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Cannot add to the above replies but Florida Mall?, I hear its a shadow of its former self. The outlets at Vineland are our new preferred having been regular FM visitors.

Disney332
I disagree completely about the Florida Mall. Recent renovations have actually added alot of improvements. The food court for instance is far nicer than it used to be.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with others 1 day MK you might at best get 3/4 done rope dropping and staying the end. I would consider adding another day.

Epcot with all the new rides coming I would again consider adding another day.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List