Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mbaker
Getting Excited

Arrow We changed our dates with Virgin Holidays

Hi.

We originally planned to go May 11th 2020, we called virgin holidays today (waiting on hold for 1hr 15mins). Once we explained we would like to change our dates from May to September the lovely lady (Sam) working from home said she would take our E-mail details and get back to us within 24hrs. Within a couple of hours and a few emails back and forth we had changed our dates and got the exact same holiday package we originally booked!

Sam was excellent, she did everything she could in the backgrounds to make things easy for us. Honestly, she was great as I’m sure all virgin staff are at the moment.

Maybe in May everything will be back up and running, but we’re taking our son who’s an infant so we thought let’s just rebook.

If your holding out for May, June, July hopefully it all works out for you and there’s a chance it might, who knows. If your like us and want to rebook, contact Virgin if thats your provider and I’m sure they will do everything necessary to help you.

(Disney are allowing you to transfer your dining plan, gift cards and free memory maker if you had it in your original package. *We we’re told though you have to return before September 30th 2020) 😁

Obviously changing to September isn’t even guaranteed with the current Covid-19 problems worldwide. So fingers crossed for everyone.
September 2019 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne
Mbaker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We did the same thing changing from April to September, I agree with everything you’ve said, the advisor I spoke to was excellent as well, however I’m now not so sure everything will be ok by then but I’m hopeful, just one thing, make sure your insurance will still cover you for CV x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LAINE GEE
I want to go now!

Hi is anybody flying tomorrow Thursday 26th march LHR 11am vi Atlanta to Orlando. Have been told by VA our flight is still on, so No Refund, so we are on lockdown USA on semi lockdown and we are not entitled to a refund SO FRUSTRATED, any ideas appreciated
LAINE GEE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mbaker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
We did the same thing changing from April to September, I agree with everything you’ve said, the advisor I spoke to was excellent as well, however I’m now not so sure everything will be ok by then but I’m hopeful, just one thing, make sure your insurance will still cover you for CV x
Yes I’m not sure everything will be ok for September either, the numbers will get too high unfortunately. But we will see.
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can I ask, when changing dates, are they honouring the price, or are you having to pay any difference in addition?
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
Can I ask, when changing dates, are they honouring the price, or are you having to pay any difference in addition?
We were due to go 28th March.
I re-scheduled two weeks ago to 6th June. If the time that you choose to go is more expensive then you pay the difference. Originally I tried for October half term and was quoted £10,000 for four flights! Erm - no thanks😡
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mbaker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
They’re honouring the price, it did take a few E-mails back and forth for virgin to realise no more money will get paid & then they did everything they could for us. I’m sure they had to make a few tweaks in the background. They were great!

It might be different for other people, as different dates, hotels, family numbers etc might make things more difficult to make a change. It worked out better for Virgin to keep us as customers, as we would have taken our full refund once it was available, so they haven’t lost anything also.
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LAINE GEE View Post
Hi is anybody flying tomorrow Thursday 26th march LHR 11am vi Atlanta to Orlando. Have been told by VA our flight is still on, so No Refund, so we are on lockdown USA on semi lockdown and we are not entitled to a refund SO FRUSTRATED, any ideas appreciated
How can you still fly when all flights have stopped to the US as they enforce travel ban 30 days
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
How can you still fly when all flights have stopped to the US as they enforce travel ban 30 days
I don’t know why but they are not cancelling flights until the night before. The 9.30 is cancelled but the 11.00am still showing as on time.

Not good this from Virgin.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LAINE GEE
I want to go now!

Mobile

Our flight is still on time and flying,(without us) not cancelled Crazy
LAINE GEE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List