Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 May 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

I remember the days...will they come back?

Back when I first started visiting Florida (~1995ish) we would go as a big family (10-15 of us).

We would buy 5 tickets for Disney and maybe 5 for Universal/SeaWorld/Wet'n'Wild (remember Wet'n'Wild?). Anyway, one day a few of us would go to Disney and a few of us would go to Universal, the next day we'd swap.

Then, theme parks introduced finger printing and it was game over (unless you had identical twins!)... if there were 10 of you, you'd need to buy 10 tickets for everything.
Given the current circumstances, do you think WDW/Universal will have to consider doing away with fingerprint checks? Could we see the days of pass sharing come back?
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

No they will use retinal identification instead.
(Not saying anything about those who cheated the system put prices up for everyone)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Cheated the system? Not sure about that - it was a pretty open thing back then and it was never a case of "you must buy a ticket each".
Old 8 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Also not sure retinal scans would work - as far as I know it means the person has to focus on the scanner for 15 seconds without moving... try that with a 5 year old!
Old 8 May 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
Cheated the system? Not sure about that - it was a pretty open thing back then and it was never a case of "you must buy a ticket each".
If a ticket is valid for 14 visits and its been fully paid for surely it doesnt matter who uses it as long as its one visit one person one day? Its not as if you are passing them through a fence to get more than one person in on one admission price? Unless im missing something-my first visit was in 2011... even if you had to sign the tickets, it may not be the same person on that day using it but they are still spending in the parks? I assumed it was more a business move to maximise profits to introduce fingerprints to stop fake tickets etc.

Edit to say no i dont think they would come back they would loose too much money. Although it would be an idea in the short term if they needed to encourage folk back to the park for the very scenario in your opening post... but they probably wont need to coax anyway!

Edited at 10:22 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

In Disneyland cal they take your picture the first time you enter the park on your first visit. Then every time you enter and scan your ticket your pic loads up on the cast members handheld device and they check the picture is of you. So they maybe will do something similar.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
In Disneyland cal they take your picture the first time you enter the park on your first visit. Then every time you enter and scan your ticket your pic loads up on the cast members handheld device and they check the picture is of you. So they maybe will do something similar.
That would make sense
Old 8 May 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
If a ticket is valid for 14 visits and its been fully paid for surely it doesnt matter who uses it as long as its one visit one person one day? Its not as if you are passing them through a fence to get more than one person in on one admission price? Unless im missing something-my first visit was in 2011... even if you had to sign the tickets, it may not be the same person on that day using it but they are still spending in the parks? I assumed it was more a business move to maximise profits to introduce fingerprints to stop fake tickets etc.

Edit to say no i dont think they would come back they would loose too much money. Although it would be an idea in the short term if they needed to encourage folk back to the park for the very scenario in your opening post... but they probably wont need to coax anyway!
Yep, they saw it as a way to maximise profit, which from a business point of view makes sense..we'd never pass through the fence and don't think you'd be able to.

I'm sure there are plenty of big families who have been priced out because they'd all need to buy tickets.
Old 8 May 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
Yep, they saw it as a way to maximise profit, which from a business point of view makes sense..we'd never pass through the fence and don't think you'd be able to.

I'm sure there are plenty of big families who have been priced out because they'd all need to buy tickets.
Oh no, i didnt mean for one second that i thought you had passed back tickets! I expect someone would work out how, but considering its all contained so you are totally in the lands away from the outside world I have no idea how youd even start! Im fairly sure there have been small families priced out too 😕 ...
Old 8 May 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Oh no, i didnt mean for one second that i thought you had passed back tickets! I expect someone would work out how, but considering its all contained so you are totally in the lands away from the outside world I have no idea how youd even start! Im fairly sure there have been small families priced out too 😕 ...

Definitely! Just look forward to being back (although not looking forward to spending thousands on tickets)

Edited at 10:55 AM.